SoS: June 29, 2015 - July 5, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Gillette Blue Tip SS
    Blade: Feather (2)
    Brush: Every Ready 100T, Boar
    Soap: Badger
    A/S: Afta

4 7 15a.jpg

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Sunday's planned shaving action:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Derby day 5
    Williams Menthol SC :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

Here's a cream which I don't use too often because I don't know any sources for it. The Williams Menthol smells great and gives wonderful lather with a damned good menthol effect, along with plenty of skincare. I bought a few tubes of it several years ago but now I'm down to the last one. After a nice facial massage with the Gold Bond the Aqua Velva feels so chilly and soothing. My Derby blade is still performing like it's brand-new, and I've been getting such effortless BBS shaves lately. ;) :D

3. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Hmm.. Why Would that guy say that the puck is bad? Weird

Llyr and crackstar like this.
  4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Shaving plan for 5 July

[​IMG]

782sirbrian, MoAllen, Bobcat and 18 others like this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Chris, you always have solid gear! Happy Independence Day!

Llyr, crackstar, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

There is so much brotherly love here, it's awesome!

MoAllen, Llyr, crackstar and 5 others like this.
  7. sir_mike

sir_mike Well-Known Member

SOTD 7-4-15

Comments: Somewhat of a quick shave today before heading out the door so I grabbed the Wolfman dual comb, Using the open comb side I did a two pass shave with very little touch up. I did end up with one small weeper and some slight irritation but I was still happy with the DFS shave I got today and I am sure the rushing might have contributed to the weeper and slight irritation. I had no issues with the soap's lather, It gave me plenty of protection or slickness. Shave was real good today!

Please feel free to leave comments on any items used as I enjoy reading them to see what others say about the gear I am using/trying out! Of course, YMMV!

Thx.
    SOTD_070415.jpg

8. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Awesome, Kerry.

RaZorBurn123, Llyr, crackstar and 4 others like this.
  9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Thanks Kerry! I hope it is a wonderful Fourth for you and yours!

RaZorBurn123, Llyr, crackstar and 3 others like this.
  10. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

what do you think of the Badger soap?

I picked some up when I first started DE shaving and I had a hard time getting a stable lather from it so its at the back of the cabinet. I like the scent and that it has good ingredients. do you have to load it longer than most soaps?

11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod150705.JPG
    Sunday's
    ZCOLDWATER1.jpg

Dove Men Face Wash
    Van Der Hagen Deluxe Shave Soap
    Semogue 1800
    Gillette President
    Personna SS
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayers Lemon WH
    Pinaud Clubman

The Van Der Hagen Deluxe Shave Soap face-lathered well with my Semogue 1800 Boar brush. Two passes with my Gillette President razor and a Personna SS blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, alum block, and a final cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Lemon WH and then Pinaud Clubman after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  12. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

July 5th Plans

MdC facial soap
    G-3 Gillette Fat Boy
    Feather blade (day 2, setting 3)
    Shavemac two-band silvertip brush
    A.J. Murray's Lincoln shave soap
    Two passes
    Alum, Thayer's Lavender witch hazel, unrefined shea butter, and Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

This will be my second shave with the Fat Boy. I'm glad that my vintage mug (face) can enjoy a vintage razor. I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

SOTD_070515.jpg

13. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Sunday's Planned SOTD
    Razor: Loeffler Our Drummer 5/8 Full Hollow
    Gillette Rhodium Fatboy (S6)
    Blade: Rapira Swedish SuperSteel (D7)
    Brush: Oscar11 w Plisson Synthetic
    Bowl: Suribachi 5”
    Pre Shave Scrub: RazoRock GLO
    Pre Shave Oil: Homemade Jasmine Creamsicle
    Shave Cream: Al’s Auguri
    Aftershave: Mazorin Aftershave Balm

[​IMG]

14. zzitop

zzitop Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Dr. Harris Arlington - Bowl / Simpson Duke D3 Best / Gillette SuperSpeed Q3.1954 / Polislver SI / Brut AS

Rufus T., celestino, ram57 and 18 others like this.
  15. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

today's shave
    hot water wash with nivea men's and a washcloth
    whipped dog silvertip deep set
    soap commander endurance(m)
    cadet tto14
    feather(4.5)
    Beverly Hills Polo Club soothing sport
    today's shave was nice. the lather smelled nice, three passes with the cadet, nice shave. the feather is holding up nicely, usually they die after two. finished with bhpc soothing lotion, this stuff is nice. it's got witch hazel in it.
    wish me luck, I'm going treasure hunting
    20150705_053827.jpg

Rufus T., ram57, celestino and 17 others like this.
  16. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Sunday Shave:

[​IMG]
    Tcheon Fung Sing shave soap / Fatip Grande Gun metal black / Trig blade / Whipped Dog 24mm High Mountain Badger / Floid The Genuine

Great overall!!! The soap smells wonderful and created a great cushiony lather. The Fatip in combination with the blade was a good one. But i think there will be better blades for the Fatip. The Blade is sharp and gentle. I will try the blade in other razors just to get to know the blade better, because this shave was the fist time i ever used the Trig.

The Whipped Dog Brush ist great. Really good work. The knot creates fast and easy a creamy, thick and slick lather. I think this won´t be the last brush i ordered from Larry.

The Italian Floid smells sooooo good. Wow!!! By temperatures from about 40°c here in Germany i needed an Aftershaves with Menthol. It worked very well.

Now i will enjoy the rest of the day.

Take care and have a great time.

Greetings
    Thorsten​

17. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Tabacstag!
    Just a great two pass shave today with Tabac. Sherlock is a nice compliment to the scent.
    Prep: warm water
    Überlather: Tabac cream and soap
    Brush: HIS XL
    Razor: Fatboy
    Blade: Voskhod (2)
    AS: Chiseled Face Sherlock
    [​IMG]

18. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Another very smooth, easy shave with my Super Speed/Derby combination. The Williams Menthol cream whipped up into a rich, thick stable lather in no time with my Turkish horsehair brush and although the cooling effect is less pronounced than what you'd get from Palmolive Menthol, it's still very much there and detectable. The Aqua Velva added plenty of extra chill. :)

19. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Sundays shave.
    My first shave on holiday and it was a fun one. Got to use the Travel tech which is not only fun to use but also a great performer. It combined well with the Ladas blade to give a great shave.

[​IMG]

Razor - Gillette Travel Tech
    Blade - Ladas
    Brush - Mini Omega/ Proraso boar brush
    Lather - I Coloniali shaving cream
    Aftershave - Nivea Sensitive balm

20. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

SOTD July 5, 2015

Prep: Shower, hot facecloth, followed by homemade frankincense pre-shave oil
    Soap: Proraso White
    Razor: Fendrihan DE
    Blade: Astra
    Brush: Parker Badger
    Aftershave: Hot facecloth followed by Lavender Witch Hazel
    Aftershave balm: Shea butter
    Mustach Wax: Badger
    A much better shave today. I went through my pre-shave checklist to ensure everything was lined up and ship-shape. The Proraso was a delight on my mildly irritated skin from yesterday's disastrous shave. The frankincense pre-shave oil was very soothing to my skin. :chores016:

photo (8).jpg

wristwatchb, Rufus T., Tdmsu and 13 others like this.