SoS: March 13, 2017 - March 19, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,

here is my Sunday Shave:

[​IMG]
    Razor: Gillette Rocket Parat // Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra // Soap: SV Stella Alpina // Brush: Plisson Synthetic // Aftershave: Pino Silvestre Aftershave Balm // Postshave: unrefined Shea Butter

I received the razor as a Birthday Gift. What a great little razor this is!!! I´m impressed so far...it´s very mild but yet very effective. Works good together with the blade, but i´m curious to test it, with my new reference: Derby Premium. I don´t need to loose any words about the soap...it´s so wonderful and it´s such a joy to shave with it. The scent when you open the tin, the lather when you go round for round with your brush and the skin feel when you "work" the lather in your whiskers. Woah!!! Great!!! I received the Aftershave balm as a gift too. Good stuff so far. Smells like pine and has good skin feel to it.

After the shave i had to use my Shea Butter again after a looooong time. Man, what a nice treat. I have the "Out of Africa" Shea Butter with Vanilla scent. Phew...man i love it!!! I think to buy the unscented Shea Butter in the near future.

This has been my Sunday shave. As you read now, i enjoyed it very much. :drool:

Have a great time, enjoy your shaves and take care Buddys.

Greetings
    Thorsten​

2. Navarrsky

Navarrsky Well-Known Member

Many thanks!
    Fili EPBD is a pretty rare razor.

Thank you very much!
    Filarmonica EPBD is as beautiful as excellent shaver.
    Paladin very good brushes, Ken's attention to detail is amazing!

3. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

That is a lot of red!

Tim Spencer, ram57, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

SOTD 03192017.gif
    Tabac & JR #130 Maggard's Synthetic knot
    '59 Gillette #195, Feather Hi-Stainless blade
    Alum block and Proraso Refresh AS Lotion

5. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

i look forward to future sotd's with the new scenery... good luck Roby..it's stressful to move but also exciting changes.

6. nikonNUT

nikonNUT Well-Known Member

7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great photograph!!!

8. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Great perspective on your photo!

9. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

10. JohnnyTex

JohnnyTex Well-Known Member

Sunday shave!

AOS Sandalwood soap in a bowl (first use)
    Schick J1 Injector
    Savile Row 3324
    Pinaud Clubman
    Stirling Coniferous WH

So yesterday, Saturday...I stop by "Art of Shaving"...due to me talking myself into purchasing one of their hard soaps that many of us already know...comes in a Teakwood bowl. I mentioned to my sales lady that I always use a boar hair brush with a hard soap and then bowl lather. She was pretty adamant that with this product, I should use a badger and no need for my bowl. Ok...that goes against my normal routine, but I'll try it. I have 4 of their creams and in my opinion, they're all top shelf. So today...I'm giving AOS soap my first try.

Soak the brush, wet the puck, load the brush. First thing I notice is this stuff loads very easily...almost effortless. Wet my face and go straight to face lather...again...not my normal routine with a hard soap. Out of nowhere...this stuff just bloomed into a nice rich and thick lather that just kept building the more I worked the brush. I was impressed! This stuff works exactly like the creams where I would just drop a dollop in the wet brush and go...except you're pulling it off a hard puck. Easy to load, lots of lather, nice and slick feel to my face after the pass, and it smells wonderful.

Out of everything in my collection, there are only a few of my soaps that I can call my favorites even though I like them all. This just became one of them. Great stuff!

[​IMG]

11. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Tonight's shave was with a nice razor that I just touched up, with an Arkansas Surgical Black stone. Super smooth 2 pass shave. BBS results, without issues.

Razor- G.M.Mayer "Blue Steel".
    Brush- Unknown Vintage Boar. My little mighty mite. It's small, but it lathers better than my bigger boars.
    Soap- ARKO/Sandalwood scented
    Aftershave- Pinaud Clubman
    P3190753.JPG

12. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Thank you Jamie. You're a great friend. :)

13. nikonNUT

nikonNUT Well-Known Member

You flatter me, Douglas! Thank you!

14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

March Madness & Spring Cleaning!!

March 19

Razor - '47 Gillette Aristocrat
    Blade - [​IMG] (1)
    Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
    Brush - Semogue 620
    Post - Alum

Well tonight's the night. In a little under two hours I'll draw three names to send 300 Russian blades on their way to new homes from the March Madness PIF. In honor of that I went to the Detente setup tonight. Aristocrat with Voskhod. One of my absolute favorite setups. American brass and Russian steel working together to make shaves better for everyone! I broke out the Fat and used the Semogue to whip up a huge amount of slick lather and did two passes and a slight touchup for a near BBS and a great finish. Alum was quiet, everything was awesome.

Hope the weekend was everything you wanted it to be! Mine has started and it's already a great start.

[​IMG]

15. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Thank you. :)

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  16. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.