SoS: May 18, 2015 - May 24, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, May 17, 2015.

1. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

your definitely on the right track.

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

For Thursday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Derby day 6
    Synergy Frost_byte SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Alcolado Glacial Menthol Splash :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    JHL Cologne

Unless I change my mind this is what I'll go with for my shave and I think it's a very good selection. The Frost_byte soap, which I haven't used in some time has awesome lather with tons of menthol power, and pretty good skincare. At the beginning I wasn't too keen on the scent, but since then it's grown on me. Needless to say, the Gold Bond really looks after my aftershave needs beautifully and the Penguin feels heavenly with its intense freezing sensation. The Derby blade is still performing very well - almost no signs of it getting duller. When I finish this pack, I'd love to get some more of them. ;) :D

3. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

I have an early start on Thursday so I thought I'd post my SOTD for 5/21 tonight..............

Speick Stick (face lathered) w/Semogue 1438
    40's Super Speed w/7 o'clock black
    Witch Hazel followed by Nivea Sensitive Balm
    Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave (compliments the Speick very well)

150521.jpg

4. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Shave of the Day

Haven't Shaved In 5 Days Edition

[​IMG]

Prep: hot towel
    Razor: W. H. Morley - 5/8 - Barbers Notch - Hollow Ground
    Brush: Rubberset 400-4 Silvertip Badger
    Lather: Stirling Naked and Smooth pressed into John Powers dish
    Shave: 3 passes; WTG, XTG, ATG + Cleanup

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod150521.JPG
    Thursday's
    ZCOLDWATER1.jpg

Dove Men Face Wash
    Cella
    Jayaruh #6 High Mountain Badger
    Schick J-2
    Personna Stainless
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayers Rose Petal WH
    Barbasol Brisk AS

The Cella Shaving Cream face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #6 High Mountain Badger brush. Two passes with my Schick J-2 razor and a Personna Stainless blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, alum block, and a final cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Rose Petal WH and then Barbasol Brisk after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  6. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Like the mug, very campfire shave-esque, and the straight too.

Bama Samurai, vwp528, Cap7597 and 3 others like this.
  7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Thanks - the mug was $2 at a thrift store and the razor was free :)

8. spacehobo

spacehobo Well-Known Member

SOTD 05/20/2015

Prep: Hot shower, PSO
    Razor: Merkur 34C
    Blade: Astra SS (2)
    Brush: Omega 80080 Boar Brush
    Lather: Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime/Nivea Sensitive SC
    Post: Cold rinse, Alum, Styptic Pencil, Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Cooling ASB

First time with the C&E soap. Very poor quality lather. Smell wasn't anything special. I would stay away from it. Luckily it was 50% off at one of the local C&E stores here that closed down.

I only went WTG with it on my face until I decided to mix it with a pea-sized amount of the Nivea Sensitive shave cream. Once that was done it was smooth sailing going XTG, then ATG.

Near BBS results. Only nicked myself on the chin, but not because of the soap. Nothing a styptic pencil can't fix.

[​IMG]

9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

21 May Planned Shave

[​IMG]

10. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Planned Thursday SOTD
    [​IMG]

Schick Type J razor
    Schick Injector blade (10)
    L'occitane Plisson brush
    Myrsol Emulsion pre shave
    Tabula Rasa Patchouli shaving cream
    Floid Blue aftershave
    Floid Blue EdT

Its gonna be tough following a near perfect shave this morning but this set up should be pretty good. Really excited to hit double digits on the first schick SE Ive ever tried.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  11. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

razor: shaving factory TTO
    blade: Derby (4th use)
    brush: Omega s synthetic
    soap/cream: KMF Patchouli/ Love my Skin Green Tweed

started shaving after a hot shower. 3 pass (wtg,atg,xtg) seemed to be a great shave until I put the aftershave on YIKES!!! I knew I was taking risks by using a Derby blade that many times. other than that it turned out to be a BBS shave. the soap mix turned out to be very pleasant scented and made tons of lather.

12. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thursday Planned SOTD
    Razor: Gillette Red Tip
    Blade: Feather (D2)

Brush: RV Chubby w 30mm Super Silvertip
    Bowl: Dirty Bird 1.5 Scuttle
    Pre Shave Scrub: RazoRock GLO
    Pre Shave Oil: Homemade Bay Rum w Lime

Shave Soap: TSD Signature (Bay Rum w Bergamot)
    Aftershave: Captain’s Choice

[​IMG]

13. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

PAL Adjustable Injector Razor (1962)
    with vintage Schick blade (2),
    Edwin Jagger STF XL brush,
    Lather-up with Cold River Soap Works 'Vevitier Moderne,'
    Finish with water, Witch Hazel
    and Skin Bracer Cool Spice for a DFS!

A fantastic shave. Aces!

[​IMG]

14. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Late post SOTD 20 May 2015

30 Day Rule with a Schick!

image.jpg

Happy Thursday!
    :)

15. bald as

bald as Well-Known Member

1924 - SE. What a sensational combination of numbers and letters. Anyway you look at it, it is a perfect shave.
    Now just to see how the other half or 80% lives I tried the mysterious black art of face lathering today. Only 'cos I chipped my scuttle and found a slither of razor sharp enamel caught in the lather. I always did face lather in the past but only on a ratty piece of bath soap with a frayed piece of fencing wire. I'm amazed this new fangled idea worked. Still it felt like I was cheating somehow as it was effortless. I'm sitting here contemplating ways I can make it more complicated :)

Face lathered with the #6 Turkish Borse :) My unscented soap. Version #4
    The Ever Ready 1924 is just the most sensational razor. Thanks again @maltedmilk. Shave 2 on the GEM blade was so smooth, sharp and comfortable. 1 pass with small touchups DFS.
    Cold water face shower to finish and that was it.
    No nicks or cuts or irritation.

16. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

The Frost_byte soap is very well named because it's very, very strongly-mentholated. Ok, not as much as the Glacial soaps or the Cryogen but it's still very cold. It gave me tremendous lather and I wound up with a great shave. :)

17. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Superb Shave
    CBLMR is an excellent soap. The scent is a cool water type, the lather is rich and thick and the post shave feel is as good as any top soap I've used. My HIS lather monster made short work of the soap and comfortably wrapped my stubble in luxury. My FatBoy seems to like Astra SP blades, as it cleanly cut down the stubble set on five for my face and three on the neck. Maggard's London Barbershop is a nice scent match and finished this shave off right. My skin is smooth without any drama.
    Prep: Mickey Lee Lime
    Soap: Catie's Bubbles La Marche Rusage
    Brush: HIS XL
    Razor: 1959 Gillette FatBoy
    Blade: Astra SP
    AS: Maggard's London Barbershop
    [​IMG]

18. razorguy

razorguy Well-Known Member

Thursday 21 May 2015

[​IMG]

Mastro Livi RWL34, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point

This shave has been very special as I had two new shaving products to test. A special shave like this one deserved a magnificent straight razor and, of course, it had to be a Mastro Livi. This was the first time I could test my new pre-shave oil and I must say it works very well, giving a super smooth skin and allowing the best slickness for the blade. I also had the chance to test this great shaving soap - a truly appreciated gift my friend "stefanosup" gave me last Tuesday - and it proved to be an excellent shaving soap. It is a precious and "old Italian style" artisan shaving soap and sold by Aguzzeria del Cavallo, the most ancient shop in Bologna and being in business since 1783. Superb Mastro Livi straight razor, magnificent pre-shave oil and excellent shaving soap for a truly luxurious shave!​
    • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
    • Soap: Aguzzeria del Cavallo Artisan Almond Soap
    • Brush: Omega Badger 63167
    • Bowl: Old Barber Bowl
    • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm
    • Razor: Mastro Livi RWL34, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point
    • Post-Shave: Alum Block
    • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
    • After Shave: RazorGuy Thyrrenus

19. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

SOTD
    Let's go Dubs!
    May 21, 2015
    Prep: Hot Shower. Axe Shield Face Wash
    Razor: ATT Kronos S1 Slant Bar Razor
    Blade: Ladas
    Brush: WD Silvertip
    Lather: Knockout Shave Cotton
    Aftershave: RazoRock Baby Blue
    Nice shave. I love KO Shave Cotton! Finished off with Baby Blue.
    A better tomorrow. Takes your best today!
    image.jpg

20. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Yesterday I tried PDP cream for the first time and was disappointed. Since then I have looked at a few different web sites and found a few that claimed the PDP cream was a BRUSHLESS cream. So, I tried it brushless today. I do not like smearing the cream on with my hand, so I probably will not make a regular event of this, but it did perform significantly better in terms of slickness. In fact, I would say that it was extremely slick. There is still too little cushioning for me, but the slickness was way above average. 3 passes and a very clean shave - bbs? I will have to wait until about 10 tonight before I can make that call, but right now it feels excellent, although my face is irritated due to a lack of cushioning.

PDP cream
    Rapira Platinum Lux
    Slim adjustable