Splash/Lotion Aftershave VS Balm Aftershave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by idan, Jun 25, 2017.

1. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

About the same here. If i have a really great shave i use a splash. But most of the time i go with balms.

Stirling has great scented balms so i dont feel like im missing out.

2. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

This is a great thread. I enjoy both balms and splashes. Since learning about their purposes here on TSD, I use either, or both, depending on what my face needs. (Aside from cosmetic surgery lol). Until a few months ago, I would have answered exclusively "splashes", but since everybody is different, and even our own shaves are affected by so many things, I use what I need when.
    I still use splashes more often, and have made a few of my own, tailored to how I react to daily or regular shaves. I love them, and learned enough here on TSD that they WORK well, and I get to make scents I really like.
    It's soooo much fun to keep learning about shaving particulars from all of you, and using what I learn as both a hobby and a way to keep my shaves healthy.
    I'm also VERY cheap btw (read that "underfunded"), and love to combine the "luxury" aspect of our hobby with the healthy part.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    Keithmax, RetLEO-07 and RyX like this.
  3. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I own 11 aftershaves plus 6 or 7 kinds of Witch Hazel. Two are AS splashes (excluding the Witch Hazel) and the rest are balms. I always end a shave with Witch Hazel usually followed by a balm. The two AS I own are scent heavy so I only use them once in a while. I've just recently ordered Lucky Tiger aftershave based on all the positive reviews I have read.

4. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

:signs011:

My best products for skin care are:
    AS: Speick, Lucky Tiger
    ASB: L'Occitane, Speick, Edwin Jagger

Are use others depending upon mood, season and needs.

Yehuda D likes this.