Stingraysrock and his R-41

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by stingraysrock, Dec 17, 2011.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

:signs011: It definitely sings. Lets you know you're cutting something.

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Quite right! Ineed the magic behind the mucsle is always a great woman!

3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Thanks for the shout-out on the R41 replacement handle! :git:

4. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

Nice job...

Your rinse with the wash cloth.. cold or hot?

What handle did you retro-fit? It looked orange. Are you partial to that particular handle or does the R41 handle suck? I had an 89 for a while and the handle was the pits..

Man, I wish my face mapped as symmetrical as yours.. My beard grows all over the place. I envy how simple and symmetrical your growth pattern appears.

5. Ron Trosclair

Ron Trosclair Member

I think he says it's a cold rag.

Great job on the video. BTW...looks like a good face lather, even if it wasn't a video for face lathering. Thanks far taking the time.

I'm hoping to get one for christmas. I dropped a hint and sent the a link.

6. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I think the handle should be a bit heavier. It is very similar to the 89 but has a squiggly pattern on the grip. Suck, no. Needs a handle to match the awesomeness of the head, yeup.

I noticed that it doesn't matter so much with mine. I have some asymmetrical growth pattern on my neck and the R-41 just scrapes it all away only going N-S and then S-N, for me anyhow. I make no attempt at trying to go truly ATG in those areas and I'm BBS over 9*8% of my face 100% of the time when I use it.

I do accept the less than comfortable process of shaving to get the post process bliss though. If only the R-41 had the in process smoothness of the 89..... I reckon it'll give Muhle something to work on, but they are damn close to perfect IMO.

7. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Thanks.

Yes, cold water rag. The rag holds more water than my hands do.

As for the handle; it is off a Chinese Typhoon, which is a variant of the Jody thread handle. It is orange because it is orange, no special color other than the ten or so I bought, that was the only one that was not blue. The R-41 does need a heavier handle, which apparantly they have recognized and are now producing. Other than the light weight handle, the stock handle is quite nice, with a good fit and finish.

8. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Next video, you operate the camera and BabyGirl can show us how to smooth out those legs.:)