Stirling Glacial Spearmint Shaving Soap Review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Mr. Freeze93, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Mr. Freeze93

Mr. Freeze93 Prefers the baby blue dress

***** As always these thoughts are my own and YMMV. No one is forcing/compensating me for my thoughts all though that would be a pretty awesome job... :)*****

Well seeing as my last review went over fairly well I figured I would give another one about a soap I tried for the first time today. (If at any point my reviews become boring just say "Ray....can it." and I will stop.)

Here's my review on Stirling Glacial Spearmint Shaving Soap.

Do you enjoy chewing 30lbs of Wrigley's Spearmint chewing gum while taking a refreshing swim in the Arctic Ocean?

Well what if the store doesn't have 30lbs of gum and you cant find your floaties? Your not just going to give up on your rather strange hobby are you?

Never fear for with Glacial Spearmint you can get the exact same sensation!!! (Gum and Floaties not included)

lulz.jpg

Ok down to the serious review.....

Scent- 9/10- A lovely heavy blast of Spearmint is all you get from this soap. If you enjoy the smell of Spearmint you will love this soap!

Ease of lather/quality of lather- 10/10- 10-15 seconds of loading and I had more then enough for 3-4 passes. Lather was very rich,slick, and had great glide and protection.

Freeze Power- 10/10- On par with the other Glacials this sucker packs a no nonsense frigid haymaker. If you don't handle menthol well this is not the soap for you. 9 time out of 10 your eyes will water, your nose will run, and if no one is watching you may just cry. Again this thing is freezing!

Price- $13.25 for 5.8 oz of soap is a great price in my opinion and for the quality of soap your getting a no brainer!

Will I buy again?- Oh yes I will! I received just a sample (1.1 0z sample puck) with my last order and come payday I plan on picking a full size tub up of this stuff.

Overall score- 9.5/10- This soap is wonderfully scented and cold as my ex's heart so to a menthol junkie like me it is a winner and has joined it's other Glacial brethren in my rotation.

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Truer words were never spoken, and that picture describes the experience perfectly!

Ray, you write such awesome reviews and I'm proud of you!

3. Mr. Freeze93

Thanks brother!! :) :happy088:

crackstar likes this.
  4. GMPTA

GMPTA Active Member

Ray... Can it...

I can't afford to get all these soaps you're reviewing! You make them sound so damn good and refreshing and fun!!!!

Yehuda D, Paul Turner, Jim99 and 2 others like this.
  5. Mr. Freeze93

:innocent Just speaking the truth. You know they have 4.5 oz pucks for $9 or so and 1.1oz samples for really cheap right. Totally not enabling by the way...:innocent

Yehuda D, crackstar and Robyflexx like this.
  6. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Yeah! You can get the sample sizes, they are like 2.50 each but they give you alot of shaves. :)

Spyder, White731, Paul Turner and 2 others like this.
  7. GMPTA

GMPTA Active Member

But then I'll keep wanting more!!! I guess I'll just have to wait till I'm back to work after graduation and then spend my entire first check on shaving supplies that I "need"

crackstar and Robyflexx like this.
  8. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Nice write up. I've just added it to my wish list.

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

It's just like those dop-kit sized shaving creams....I was shocked at how many shaves I could get with a tiny Barbasol and/or Gillette.

10. crackstar

I just used this treasure of a soap this morning because of Ray's great inspiration and let me say that I wish the shave would have never ended because that's how much I enjoyed it. The scent filled the bathroom, the lather worked up so easily and rich with a menthol wallop which easily competed with the Cryogen. As is the case with all of the Stirling soaps, this one has skincare which is unbeatable. I'm planning to buy a few more pucks of the Spearmint because I absolutely CANNOT be without it! ;) :)

11. White731

White731 Well-Known Member

Great review. Stirling has never disappointed me.

12. jstolp

jstolp Active Member

Thanks for the review. Been meaning to try Stirling soaps. This might have to be the first I try.

Yehuda D, crackstar and Mr. Freeze93 like this.
  13. Mr. Freeze93

No matter what you choose from Stirling I am fairly certain you wont be disappointed. He sells generous samples (1.1oz) for about $2.50 I think. Best way to see what you like is get a ton of samples and then buy full sized pucks later. Let us know when you get some and what you think!

Yehuda D, theFAT98 and crackstar like this.
  14. crackstar

I'm so happy I found a back-up puck of this jewel in my house! :happy108:

Robyflexx likes this.
  15. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Trust us, this soap is everything Ray said and then some. This Glacial Spearmint is the living end, especially if you love the combination of spearmint and intense menthol like we do! ;)