Stuck on you

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by gregindallas, Oct 17, 2011.

1. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

[Every so often, I get stuck on a particular razor. My rotation (random as it is) stops and I just shave for weeks at a time with a single razor. There doesn’t seem to be the much logic behind this phenomenon, it just happens. I tend to take these guys out of my rotation when I finally break the spell or run out of blades, whichever?
    DSCN1635a.jpg
    My past “stuck on you” razors are:
    A really early Super Speed. I have no idea. I just really like the shave for a while
    An ABC. I think it was the case
    A 1912 JEM. DFS michine
    Senator. Those teeth:biggrin:
    A ’52 Rolls Viscount. No idea here, not my rarest or most interesting.
    Fatboy. I like the weight + I finally had a TTO I could field strip and clean.:cool:
    Darwin Deluxe*
    *Darwin doesn’t really belong in this group in that you always need to force yourself away from a Darwin. You can almost shave without soap with this razor and the clicking noise it makes as the parts come together during blade change is unique. It’s got to come from the hardness of the steel. If you own an old single action Colt, you know the sound.

The reason I bring this up is I think I’m stuck again. Say hello to the new guy, a $3 Schick.
    DSCN1641b.jpg

Anyone else have a problem with “addictive” razors that spoil your rotation?

swarden43 and rodd like this.
  2. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

The Rolls not getting any photo love???

I could get "stuck" on my I type injector if I had plenty of blades for it. Between that and my MMOC I think I could be just fine for quite a long time!

3. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I am having this "problem" with the R-41. It is all I want to shave with these days. I have to force myself to use something else and when I use something else, the shave is just so-so.

4. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

It's a moose and takes up a lot of counter space for the photo

Dis guy!
    DSCN1590(1).jpg

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Can't remember the last time I used the same razor twice in the same week.

6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Excellent pics!