Supply Provision Co. Blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by dustmite, Sep 5, 2016.

1. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Long story short, my wife had an order ready on Amazon and asked if I needed anything. I told her I could use some injector blades. She has gotten them for me in the past, and always MIC Schick. This time, however, she got me the Supply Provision blades. What a happy accident! I'm guessing these are Personna blades, that's what they look like anyway. I've had them for a few weeks now, and I'm still on my first one. I've gotten 6 shaves so far, and no signs of tugging yet. They don't seem quite as sharp as the Chicks, but to me are much smoother. I haven't tried them in any of the pass-around razors only because I want to evaluate the razors with blades I'm more familiar with. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried these, and if my thoughts so far are the rule or the exception that proves it.

whiteboy_cannon and twhite like this.
  2. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this, please keep using them and let us knowhow it goes because I'm long ways before I receive my Supply Provision V2 razor, once when I do and try out their blades and like them then I'll be ready to spend $100+ on GEM PTFE and GEM Injector PTFE like yours from Connaught, but till then its just a waiting game....

whiteboy_cannon and dustmite like this.
  3. dustmite

Head to head in my injectors, I got 12 shaves out of the SPC blade before it started pulling, versus 6 from the MIC Schick. I just changed to the opposite blade in both razors and will do another side by side comparison to make sure it's the blade and not the razor. If the other 19 blades are as good as the first, I definitely found my new brand! Cheaper, last twice as long, and they perform flawlessly.

whiteboy_cannon and Robyflexx like this.
  4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

They seem to be Personnas, white plastic, and I get 10 really good shaves from each blade before putting in a new one.

whiteboy_cannon and dustmite like this.
  5. dustmite

I thought Personna, too. Whatever they are, I like 'em!

jimjo1031 likes this.
  6. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Good prices on them too, about $10.00 - $11.00 shipped on EBay for 20 blades.

dustmite and Jayaruh like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    zthumbsup.png

8. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

Well this info does make me feel better considering I preordered the Supply Provision Injector razor with all 3 plates Version 2. I also noticed I was running short on GEM tester blades and out of all I tested out the Personna GEM PTFE just demolished the rest. Naturally this gave me confidence even though I never shaved with Injector razor and waiting on the preorder, so I thought if the GEM PTFE are this good, then the Injector PTFE cant be too far off in performance vs the GEM PTFE. So naturally I went to the best place for SE blades AKA Connaught and spend $100 including shipping for 400 GEM PTFE and 300 Injector PTFE, that's good enough for a lifetime considering I also use DE razors too.

Slow Joe, dustmite and jimjo1031 like this.