Sure hate to do it...

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by sbogill, May 29, 2016.

1. sbogill

sbogill Well-Known Member

Man I sure hate to do it but the time has come to thin my den. I feel sort of like I did when I was sending my kids off to college. Has to be done though. I could easily become a razor hoarder if I allowed myself. Really tough picking who goes and who stays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Less is more? You already know which ones you just plain don't like. Divest yourself of useless or seldom used encumbrances. Then you'll have more room for new stuff!

3. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

What's wrong with being a razor hoarder, rescuer or rather a razor collector/connoisseur? I can't get a good shave from a straight to save my life, but I have at least 20 of them! :happy088: Their so pretty.:)

SRNewb, mrchick, RyX and 2 others like this.
  4. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

I have a few I need to dump also. I have been shaving with them before I let them go and they do shave well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. JoeB

JoeB Well-Known Member

I'm sooooo in the same situation. I love all my gear but I too need to clear some room.

6. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

I've been here. Last year I decided I needed to stop "coveting" and start "collecting". Went from ~60 straights in a shaving rotation down to 10-14 at any given time. Kept only the very best, representative razors and out the door with the rest.

Not an easy thing to do, but I can say that I absolutely appreciate my dozen or so straights much more pound for pound than I did the larger sampling.

One day at a time my friend.

Keithmax, Spud, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  7. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Horde on, I will!

Drygulch, 178-bplatoon and Sassybee like this.
  8. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Yes! Shiny Shiny!

George X and Sassybee like this.
  9. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Rick your words are always the best! :happy102:

MoAllen and George X like this.
  10. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I am currently in the process of thinning the herd; deciding which SRs to keep and which to unload. Not an easy chore but it is a sure indication that I have far too many to work into a regular rotation

11. RyX

RyX DoH!

Thank you Rob. I've been polysyllabic since childhood.

entropy1049 and Robyflexx like this.
  12. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I predict some nice razors are coming on the market. Ruhroh

Drygulch and HolyRollah like this.
  13. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I see what you did there! :happy097:

14. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Where are you folks selling all your straights? I've been looking for a couple but don't want to just buy one off ebay because you never know what your getting. Would rather deal with the folks on our forum.

15. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

Keep an eye on the classies.

Another tactic that frequently bears fruit is to simply contact the owner of a straight that's caught your fancy. Even if that particular straight is not on the market, the owner may well know how to help you find another. :happy088:

Turk likes this.
  16. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Understand but nope for me. I like a big family.

Robyflexx likes this.
  17. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

I've been checking the classified for quite some time. Straights don't ever seem to show up. :(

Robyflexx likes this.
  18. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    That's probably because the Straight Razor Place forum is where most straight razors get sold. Glen @gssixgun usually has some for sale here in the vendor section at any given time. Might want to hit him up.

19. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I hope you list them or give us a heads up where they will be listed.

20. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

That's funny, I keep flip flopping between the 2 sites and there is slim pickins that caught my eye right now. Something will come up soon. I actually am looking to compare my Dovo Estrale shave with whatever straight I get from either Glen or Lyn.