The Bunny Razor: Faces and Places

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rufus T., Mar 4, 2016.

1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Great photos and interesting info. :thanks:

AGHisBBS, Rufus T., Marverel and 3 others like this.
  2. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

Hey Andreas,
    the most obvious answer would be "Heinkel" ;) How long did your family live here?

Grüße aus der alten Heimat :happy088:

3. Marverel

Thank you, Rob :)

AGHisBBS, BeShaved, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  4. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Bravo, truly. Bravo!:happy096:
    I'm sure the Bunny Creator, never in his wildest imagination, would have dreamed such a worldwide reaction to his simple, yet passion-driven vision, that would create such a unifying groundswell of support - having so many of us embrace his efforts with such enthusiasm.

Thanks @twhite !!!

Keep it coming Bunny enthusiasts!

ps - i'm not sure I've ever seen such a significant 1000th post!
    Well done @Marverel !!!
    Cheers!:eatdrink047:
    RT

5. riverrun

riverrun Well-Known Member

Heinkel indeed. My dad's family went to Berlin after the war, but I believe there are still some relatives left in Leegebruch.. no idea who they are though... never been there myself...

6. Marverel

Well - if you should ever decide to visit this area, make sure you stop by here for a coffee (or a beer or whatever drink you prefer ;) )

Rufus T., Karl G, macaronus and 5 others like this.
  7. Marverel

Yes - it's amazing, isn't it? One of these things that make TSD such a special place. Taking all these pictures and posting about it was lots of fun, but at the same time my way of saying "thank you" to @twhite for making all this possible. I thought it might please him (and some of the others that follow the Bunny's adventures ;) )

Thank you - I'm glad you enjoyed it :happy088:

macaronus, AGHisBBS, Rufus T. and 6 others like this.
  8. BeShaved

BeShaved Well-Known Member

Did he mention where he recognize the Bunny from? If he is from this forum, that would be so awesome!

Rufus T., Marverel, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  9. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

To everybody in the pass around. I must say that this has been, and is the most satisfying adventure of my life. I am honored to have you all as friends. Even though I have never met you face to face. So glad I could be a part of this awesome family.

Enjoy the Bunny

Tom

10. Robyflexx

[​IMG]

BeShaved, macaronus, AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.
  11. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

And as for the Bunny.... she's a lady... woah woah woah, she's a lady. :D

BeShaved, Herm2502, macaronus and 7 others like this.
  12. Robyflexx

:happy097:

BeShaved, AGHisBBS, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  13. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

+1
    You guys are good! :happy097:

BeShaved, AGHisBBS, Karl G and 5 others like this.
  14. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Rufus T., BeShaved, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  15. Marverel

He only recognized that it was a razor - not that it was the Bunny ;)

Rufus T., AGHisBBS, twhite and 2 others like this.
  16. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

So, Bunny's been in my house 2 days and demanded to be taken around town. Took in a couple of area landmarks:

• Lanterman's Mill was built in 1845–46 by German Lanterman and Samuel Kimberly. Restored in 1982–85 through a gift from the Ward and Florence Beecher Foundations, this community treasure represents one of the many pioneer industries developed along Mill Creek and operates today as it did in the 1800s, grinding corn, wheat, and buckwheat.
      Lanterman Mill.JPG
    • Next was Fellows Riverside Gardens. Fellows Riverside Gardens is a free public garden located at the northern end of Mill Creek MetroParks. Its twelve acres feature a landscape of diverse and colorful plant displays, roses of all classes, seasonal displays of annuals, perennials, flowering bulbs, and scenic vistas. The D. D. and Velma Davis Education & Visitor Center has made the Gardens an all-season destination. Fellows Riverside Gardens attracts over 400,000 visitors a year. Not too much in bloom yet, but the manicured grounds are just about ready to really "pop" with color...
    • Fellows Gardens.JPG
    • Finally, Bunny wanted to see a train. So we went to the Canfield Fairgrounds where a steam locomotive sits on display. The Canfield Fairgrounds hosts the annual Mahoning County Fair which has been held annually for 169 years. It is located in the city of Canfield, Ohio, USA, which is outside of Youngstown, Ohio. It is noted as the largest county fair in the state of Ohio. The fair was established in 1864 by the county Agricultural & Horticultural Society and was held on the commons. The grounds is a 353-acre (1.43 km2) facility that has hosted a plethora of events. The grounds is also noted for its Western Reserve Village that includes several buildings and a steam locomotive with a caboose. It also has a large grandstands area that is the venue for concerts, monster trucks, demolition derbies, and horse racing. In recent years the annual attendance of the fair has been around 350,000 people averaging just under 60,000 people coming through the gates each day. Other famous entertainers that have performed at the Canfield Fair, include Bob Hope, Dolly Parton, Rascal Flatts, The Beach Boys, The Monkees, "Weird Al" Yankovic, Brad Paisley, The Goo Goo Dolls, Bill Cosby and The Band Perry.
      Train.JPG

• :signs154:

Rufus T., AGHisBBS, BeShaved and 8 others like this.
  17. Robyflexx

Great informative write up Herm and beautiful photos! :thanks:

Rufus T., AGHisBBS, BeShaved and 2 others like this.
  18. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

The Bunny didn't go anywhere last night. It was tired and wanted to stay in with some popcorn and some TV. LOL

Last edited: May 29, 2016
    Rufus T., AGHisBBS, BeShaved and 4 others like this.
  19. river-rhine

river-rhine Well-Known Member

My Bunny is gone but i still have some pictures for you.

I'm living in the greatest wine-area in Germany. It's called Rheinhessen. Rheinhessen has a long tradition of wine-making since the Romans lived here. In every village you will find wine-makers today.

The next photos were taken only 500 feet away from my house.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here an old wooden wine-/grape-press in the center of my village:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Less than 10 miles away from home I can see the Rhine (in German: Rhein). The town Bingen knows Roman-catholics maybe from the saint "Hildegard of Bingen", a non who had lived here about 1100. She is considered to be the founder of scientific natural history in Germany. Bingen (or the part of the town Dromersheim) is also known of the founder of the ice-wine.

Look to the town Bingen, the catholic Basilica-church of Bingen, the Rhine, the mountain ranges Hunsrück on the left and the Taunus on the right.

[​IMG]

Look from Bingen to the other Rhine-site, where you find another wine-area: The Rheingau.
    The Rheingau is known as the founder of the Spätlese (late harvest wine). The legend say that Castle Johannisburg always needed a permission to start harvest (cut the grapes). Every year a man had to ride by horse to the Prince-bishop to get the allow. But in one year the Horse-man has delayed so much that the grapes were rotten. Nevertheless the grapes were made to wine and that was very good and sweet wine, which is called since then Spätlese.
    There are very steep vineyards (German: Steillagen), as you can find on the river Mosel (about 50 miles away). The wineyard-hill is alligned to the south. That gives very good wines, but no so excellent than the Rheinhessen-wines ;)

[​IMG]

Not so good to see:
    The white tower is the Mouse Tower of Bingen and on the right the Ehrenfels Castle, one of the innumerable castles on the Rhine

[​IMG]

Edit: Mountain range Eifel is correctly the "Hunsrück"

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    BeShaved, AGHisBBS, Rufus T. and 6 others like this.
  20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Fantastic. I love the brief history lesson. You are very fortunate to live in such a beautiful place.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeShaved, Rufus T., Robyflexx and 2 others like this.