The Gentleman's Quarter soap lives up to the hype!

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Capt America, May 31, 2007.

1. Capt America

Capt America Member

Alright fellas... I see a lot of soaps hyped up, and while I won't name names, a few have left me disappointed(i'm still somewhat of a newbie, so I've got more plenty more to try!). I tend to like the triple milled soaps more than the home made glycerin or cold process soaps.

Colleen's soaps are awesome... Even though they aren't triple milled, they give a nice thick, cushiony, slick lather... Which is the kind of lather I love. The other glycerin soaps lather seem to be really slick yet, really thin. This is top notch stuff here folks. Until now, my other soaps have collected dust while the Tabac has been used regularly... Not now. This stuff really rivals Tabac in my opinion.

I really don't know what else to say other than this stuff REALLY IS THAT GOOD!

The one thing I could say that isn't totally positive is that... the scents aren't as over-powering as I like. Mama Bear's is a good example of that over-powering scent. I love her soaps because every time I open a jar, it almost knocks me off my feet, I love that. Colleen's still smell REALLY good(black cavendish, highlander and leatherneck are great!) and I definitely wouldn't use the word "faint" to describe the scent.

So that's that guys. Her stuff is top notch.

And as a shameless plug :D - If you head over to the classifieds, I'm trying to trade off a 1oz puck of the Desert Ironwood.
    http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16667#post16667

2. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I agree! :happy088

One of my favorites!

The Bay Rum soap is the best of the bay rums that's available.....

3. Will

Will Nevermind

Smells like a pure BR, goes well with ST John's Bay Rum (remindes me to buy a refill of that suff).

4. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Oh great. Nice. Thanks guys. You really know know how to help my wallet out. :D

5. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

heh - you'll need the Gentleman's Oakmoss as well

6. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Agreed.

Bay Rum, Oak Moss and Highlander are not-to-be-missed.

Oh yeah and the Orange Patchouli is amazing.

Her Sandalwood is VERY nice.

Heck, all of her soaps (except for Desert Ironwood) are top notch. I just couldn't get into the scent of her Desert Ironwood, for some reason.

7. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I must have the wrong link. You have a link I can use?

8. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

I'll see if I can attach her .pdf. She doesn't have a web store (yet).

Had to zip it.

Attached Files:

9. Capt America

Capt America Member

I'm going to have to say that(imo) the cavendish black and Leatherneck are probably the best smelling.

I passed on the Orange Patchouli, was never a fan of patchouli but I think I'll give it a whirl next time around.

If her sandalwood shave soap smells like the sample of sandalwood bath soap she sent with my order, then yea, that stuff smells great too.

10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Thanks Jason. I'll look it over.

11. Capt America

Capt America Member

After using the soaps a few times now, I'd like to state to any future TGQ buyers that the initial smell of a brand new puck is different than the smell after it's been lathered and used a time or 2.

When I first opened it, I wasn't crazy for the Oak & Moss, but the smell of the lather(and the puck after being used for that matter) smell better after having been used.

12. fritz

fritz New Member

Desert Ironwood is about 99% patchouli. (But sans Orange.) Guess you had to be 19 in 1963 (as I was) to like that much patchouli.

I mix up the Corn Huskers, aloe vera, and witch hazel ASB and add patchouli EO and either Tangerine or Spearmint EO. Yum!

13. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Well, I'm in the patchouli-addict camp, but I wasn't especially fond of the Desert Ironwood either. Too much of the cinnamon to my nose. I would have never guessed it was 99% patchouli.

14. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

So far, so good! Me likey!

15. fritz

fritz New Member

I did pick up a faint cinnamon, yes... I didn't mean to say that the EO's were 99% patchouli by volume, or whatever. I meant the overwhelming scent (to my nose) was patchouli. But then, I'm easily overwhelmed by patchouli.:drool

16. Smedley

Smedley New Member

You bunch of enablers. :mad: :happy088

Oh well, I was due for a soap purchase now that I've fed the cream addiction. :D

17. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Well, looks like I'll have to buy a puck of the desert ironwood to do some testing :D (I had a sample of the cream)

18. Padron

Padron Active Member

I am going to have to re-visit these soaps as well, I have a couple pucks - Cavendish Black, Bay Rum, Sandalwood and some samples of Margarita? and Highlander.

I wish the soaps had a stronger scent to them as mine seem faint, the lather for me always seems light and bubbley, it could be that it doesn't mix well with my water.

I have not seen this with Mama Bears, QED or my other soaps though :confused:

I do like it though, it seemed like my pucks were kinda small and trimmed down with a razor blade or something :confused:

19. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

You sure Freddy Kreuger didn't hit 'em up? :eek: :happy001

20. Will

Will Nevermind

Freddie the ultimate wet shaver :rofl