The Gentleman's Quarter soap lives up to the hype!

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Capt America, May 31, 2007.

1. Padron

Padron Active Member

Maybe :rofl :rofl I have no idea, I thought it was weird that they appeared to be shaved or trimmed down :confused:

I love Mama bears generous pours though, makes me feel like I'm getting an extra large pour at a bar :D

2. Capt America

Capt America Member

It's actually the opposite for me...

Mama Bear's, SCS, etc soaps are more light and bubbly with my water while TCQ and triple milled soaps work quite well.

3. Soapmistress

Soapmistress The 4th "T"

Good Morning Gentlemen,

I know I don't get over here to visit often enough :( ......but noticed this thread and just had to take a look ( curious george...gets me every time..lol)

WoW! I really appreciate all the positive comments. "Thank You".

I would like to take just a minute to say to Fritz, that the round of Desert Ironwood that you received with the high Patchouli content.....must have been mislabeled. Desert Ironwood does have Patchouli in it.....but very little, and yes...the heart of Desert Ironwood is clove & cinnamon. So you must have gotten an Orange Patchouli labeled as Ironwood.....sorry!!

I'd be happy to send you another 1 oz. round "on the House" if you'd like to try it.

The 1 oz. sizes are cut from logs that have been poured into a tube mold, so yes....they are hand cut with a knife. All 3 oz. rounds have been poured into individual molds, weighing a minimum of 3 oz. and usually fall around 3.2 oz. or 3.5 oz.

I will be offering the shaving soaps poured into containers ....maybe by the end of summer, and this way you'll have a nice choice of just the soap or the soap being poured into a container.

So speaking of.....Gentlemen actually I owe you an apology. You see I had listed a Father's Day Sale at SRP, SMF and B&B. In all honesty I forgot to list it here. "Bad Girl, shame, shame".....my Apologies!!

So I will extend the same offer here of 10% off all Shaving soaps......in the 1 oz. and 3 oz. sizes of shaving soap, for the remainder of the week until Sunday night June 24th at Midnight.

I'm not sure about the rules here, but understand that there must be some other place to list this....Could one of you fine Gentlemen direct me to the proper place to post this ????

XXWarm Regards, Colleen

4. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Arrrgggh! Colleen, yer KILLIN' me! ;) I just took advantage of your 10% sale, and now with it extended, I've got to come up with some reasons to but some MORE of your stuff. :D

You can probably post your 10% sale in the "Vendor's Corner" forum, located under the "Hot Deals" main Forums list.

5. St. Croix

St. Croix New Member

Desert Ironwood and Cavendish Black...two of the most unique scents available in soaps today.

St. Croix

6. fritz

fritz New Member

Thanks for the offer, Colleen, but I'll decline. I know I don't like clove in particular (maybe just a tiny hint in Bay Rum is OK, but not required), and cinnamon is marginal. It's amazing what the power of suggestion can do. When Trader Joe said it had a "hint" of cinnamon, I smelled mine and agreed that there was indeed a faint note of cinnamon. After reading your post, I smelled mine very carefully and yes, indeed, that faint note now does smell like orange, actually Sweet Orange perhaps. I have Sweet Orange, Tangerine, and Spearmint that I mix up with (lots of) Patchouli to make my own ASB (one at a time, not all three at once)!

And please continue with the 1-ounce samples. I have so many soaps already that I like, I sometimes wonder if I'll ever use them all up. Being able to get 1-ounce pucks means I can get 3-4 times as many different ones and still use them up in a reasonable time.

Speaking of pouring, have you considered getting some of those push-up thingies and making shave sticks? Quite a few people like them for travel, and even prefer to use them at home if they lather on the face.

--
    Summer of '67: "Are you goin' to San Francisco? Be sure to wear Patchouli in your hair..."

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I was thinking this exact thought the other day. :cool: