The Haul: August 2014

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

I bought it from the british ebay about two years ago.

2. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I'm not trying to disagree with you, I'm just trying to figure out if the one you have is the reformulated formula or the old formula=) but I have no idea, it's probably the water

3. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

[​IMG]
    I bought a gillette super speed and a gillette slim for 15 bucks. These are the photos of before cleaning. Can't read the date codes because of the lime and dried lather on them.

4. Norseman

I did not view it as a disagreement. Far from it. Actually the same thought has crossed my mind. But if I remember correctly the old formula used to be considered a great soap. My puck is not great. It has given me pretty decent shaved, but not great. It can not compare with the likes of DR Harris, MdC or even Arko.
    But it has been a while since I last used it. But I will give it a few test latherings tomorrow. This discussion has made me curious :)

Slow Joe and Omelmad like this.
  5. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Ok, in the mail today was my order of MWF and Captain's Choice Cat 'O Nine Tails. I normally shower after work so I think"what the heck". Let's see what this MWF is all about. After a quick 2 pass evening shave, I get it now. Great stuff. Of course Cat 'O Nine Tails is a favorite (feel the burn).

Omelmad and Recklesstr like this.
  6. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I received a fragrant box today from the friendly folks in Killeen, TX (well, at least they used to be there!).
    Two full-sized pucks of Stirling soap: Cool and Glacial Obsidian; plus a bottle of AS splash, 'Sharp Dressed Man' (SDM).
    Included also was sample soap puck of the SDM—which has a very masculine scent I found very appealing.
    The most prominent scent in the box was the anise, from the Glacial Obsidian—smells of a big candy box of 'Good n'Plenty' :)
    The Cool has a medicinal, eucalyptus/menthol scent.

I look forward to giving these a test drive this week...:happy093:

7. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

[​IMG]

My blades from Connaught aren't here yet but she cleaned up nicely, I'm going to make it a point to get a SOTD pic tomorrow when I give it a whirl with the NOS blades :)

Chuck F, Slow Joe, dscaver and 5 others like this.
  8. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I would get a good unscented soap and mix tem together. To get the best of both worlds. The good scent from trumpers and a soap that produces lather for real haha

Please tell us how it goes =)

Slow Joe and Norseman like this.
  9. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Be careful with those "NOS" blades. I got some "NOS" Krona injector blades with a I1 I won in a lot. The blade felt serrated. Turns out the blade was serrated! There was all kinds of tiny imperfections/nicks on the blade edge and the other blades where all the same too. Not sure how this could have happened.

GDCarrington likes this.
  10. Neolithium

To be honest I'm not expecting a great shave due to the blade, I won't blame the razor at all if it's rough, however I took a peek under a loupe and they seemed quite decent. My TRUE judge will be with the brand new ones I get hopefully this week from England where many of our injector members get them from. I just can't ignore this absolutely beautiful razor - probably the most attractive one Schick ever released IMO.

11. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Proraso Blue shaving cream tube, Proraso sensitive skin pre shave and the free zippered travel shave kit with the brush, and sample sizes of shaving cream, pre shave cream, and liquid after shave cream. Got this from the Hut in the UK. I think I will have to do an all Proraso shave tomorrow.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

JRod22, BigMark, Bristle Me and 6 others like this.
  12. Neolithium

That is one FINE looking Proraso set!

Slow Joe and KnockOut Shave like this.
  13. KnockOut Shave

KnockOut Shave Well-Known Member

Ok I setup in the vendors corner a poll to see what others think of a new color for our Shave Mug. If I get enough responses I will get some made.

14. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

:rofl:

15. Slow Joe

Can you post to Denmark? Dapper keep saying how great your lather bowl is so i am interested.

16. Slow Joe

Which Trumpers scent do you have? I can use Sandalwood but the others I am having trouble with.

17. Norseman

I have the coconut scented version. Although I do not detect any coconut it is still a very nice scent.

18. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

I cleaned them nicely and they got rid of their lime and dirt. I could read the date codes. The Super Speed's date code is H4(1962) and Slim's date code is L4(1966).
    Here are the pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BigMark, ObiDon, Omaney and 3 others like this.
  19. Slow Joe

They look great. What process did you use for cleaning your razors?

Recklesstr likes this.
  20. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

+1..that is an amazing before and after! I want to know how you did that...

Recklesstr likes this.