The Haul: February 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Enders, De Haven, Flying Eye. all in near mint.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

RyX, AGHisBBS, Dansco and 14 others like this.
  2. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Today I received a package from the Italian Barber. I picked up the iKon SBS DE razor from IB's clearance sale and to fill the cart for free shipping, I had to go with the behemoth RR F400 XXL synthetic brush. This sucker is huge. Ironically both products have some serious heft to them. They feel like the Paul Bunyan of shaving gear (At least until I pull out my Detroit Grooming Alpha Razor). I really can't wait to try out both, but the razor will have to wait until I get back from San Fran Saturday morning. I want to use up the blades I am already using and it will give me something extra to look forward to on the weekend. As for the F400, I really like the other 2 400 series brushes I have from RR. I have the butterscotch and the aluminum. I prefer the feel of the aluminum handle, but enjoy the increased backbone of the noir Plissoft synthetic knot in the butterscotch. I think I will have some fun with both of these new additions!
    Steve

IMG_8665.jpg
    IMG_8667.jpg
    IMG_8674.jpg

RyX, AGHisBBS, TestDepth and 10 others like this.
  3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

A little haul from Italian Barber
    [​IMG]

RazoRock SLOC
    Ikon SBS
    And a few blades

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RyX, AGHisBBS, TestDepth and 9 others like this.
  4. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

I meant to post this stuff a couple of weeks back but I never got around to it. On February 13th my wife and I exchanged Valentine's Day gifts.... day early to avoid the rush at the stores. I was proud of myself for remembering my best opportunity to get the Bride some flowers, candy etc was the day before and not the day of Valentine's because of plans we had. When I got home on the 13th I had the flowers, teddy bear, candy and traditional V.D. (as my wife calls it, e.g. "Happy VD Day") gifts in hand and presented those to her. She was pleased, as women usually are when their mate remembers such romantic moments.

She in turn told me she had gotten me something for Valentine's Day, and she was very giddy about it. She had a couple of gift bags on the table and told me to open them. To say the least, she didn't get me traditional Valentine's Day gifts. Here's what she got me:

Eight razors.... including a GEM Jr. in a travel case with NOS GEM blades "For US Armed Forces" and I don't think the razor has been used either.

IMG_2387.JPG IMG_2388.JPG IMG_2391.JPG IMG_2392.JPG IMG_2393.JPG IMG_2394.JPG IMG_2395.JPG IMG_2396.JPG IMG_2397.JPG IMG_2398.JPG

Misc blades.... The Cooper Blades number 190. They come in two wall displays, and only one pack of 10 is missing.

IMG_2405.JPG IMG_2406.JPG IMG_2409.JPG IMG_2402.JPG

A vintage blade bank, and an Old Spice mug.

IMG_2400.JPG IMG_2401.JPG IMG_2414.JPG

I believe my wife got more joy out of looking at my face as I studied each of these items. It was a very good Valentine's Day for me.

RyX, chrisgeeo, AGHisBBS and 12 others like this.
  5. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Today from PAA. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyX, AGHisBBS, TestDepth and 9 others like this.
  6. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

I bought one of the first DOC razors from them. It was a very mild shaver if I remember correctly.

7. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

That is amazing Dan! And the fact that she went out to go find all that stuff, she did a great job and you are lucky to have her!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RyX, TestDepth, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  8. sdguero

I know I'm lucky to have her! She's gifted me a razor or two on occasion, but I wasn't expecting a "Haul" like this one. But now I can't blame any of you for being enablers. I live with one!

RyX, AGHisBBS, TestDepth and 5 others like this.
  9. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Amazing, Dan!
    What a great wife.

jimjo1031, Linuxguile and sdguero like this.
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Get that girl more flowers!

11. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Wow what a gift and what a great wife. She’s a keeper! Congrats on the haul And you should be able to find the missing cooper pack easily. If you gavent tried the gems, you are in for a great shave.

mrchick, sdguero and jimjo1031 like this.
  12. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

What is the Sloc? It looks like the DOC

Linuxguile likes this.
  13. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Same as the Yaqi DOC (not the PAA).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Linuxguile, Enrico and Jorvaljr like this.
  14. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Seen that razor, but can't decide on that handle or the Barber Pole handle. Both are nice.

Linuxguile likes this.
  15. sdguero

Thanks, Jason. I agree!

Good idea! And she loves flowers.

She is a keeper. Thx!

16. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Wow! You married a sweetie!

wchnu, Enrico and sdguero like this.
  17. sdguero

I married an enabler! :) :happy088:

mrchick and Enrico like this.
  18. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I used to refill my Zippo with pure alcohol before going camping.

AGHisBBS, sdguero and Enrico like this.
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Just to drink ... :rofl:

sdguero likes this.
  20. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Sure. Totally works. Need to see the flame in daylight, and alcohol burns too hot for pipes though. Campfires/cigs/utility? Yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.