The Haul: January 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Just received this today.
    5BF1FD08-802F-4874-B2CA-9906A6676217.jpeg
    Nice little Gillette letter opener. Lol I think. Now to find replacement blades.

Any chance one of you have some sitting in a drawer?

2. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Jorvaljr likes this.
  3. Jorvaljr

4. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

FWIW, this is an image from an eBay auction:
    [​IMG]
    The larger blades are referred to as Gillette "type B" and the smaller as "type D".

5. Bookworm

If nothing else, you might be able to contact them and ask. Someone might have an old cross reference chart.

AGHisBBS and Jorvaljr like this.
  6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I just picked up a Norton 220/1000 combination hone today. I hope this stone will speed things along. I was tired of the slow bevel setting that my King 1k was providing. I also tried to use the King 800 grit stone too. Both work at the bevel setting, but they took painstakingly long.

P1291484.JPG

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  7. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

This also came in the mail. I couldn't resist. Both are full with Shulton Old Spice Aftershave. The cost was $20 for the pair, plus $3 shipping.

Shulton Old Spice Telescope, 6oz.

P1291483.JPG

8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Got a gift from @clint64 today! Two brushes, a Zenith B02 boar and a restored Ever Ready 100T. I'll put these brushes to work starting tomorrow. Clint also sent a pristine GEM Featherweight that I'm going to PIF to a wet shaving convert of mine as I already have one. Terrific stuff - thank you, Clint!

IMG_2180.JPG

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I am pleased that the package arrived safely. I hope you enjoy the brushes and your friend enjoys the razor.

sdguero, TestDepth, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  10. Bookworm

I just received two abominable straight razors.

Interestingly enough, the one that I thought might be unsalvageable appears to have no real edge damage, and the bulk of the rust is surface. Looks like they were just stored in a somewhat damp location, like under a sink. I'll go over them with some oil and steel wool to get off the worst of the rust. On the 'bone' looking one, the scales look okay. That's a "Lee's Warranted". The other has one scale that's straight, and the other looks like a drunk coming off of a ship. Still closes okay. (it says something like D W Middlebrooks)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

That's very :signs021: buddy!

AGHisBBS and Jorvaljr like this.
  12. Jorvaljr

Thanks buddy. I hope you’re doing well in Texas!

Robyflexx likes this.
  13. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Thanks, it's awesome here. Loving it! :happy093:

14. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Bulldog looks in really good shape. Going to leave the patina?

15. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

twhite, sdguero, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  16. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I get similar and different style blades and handles on Ebay from China, around a dollar for ten blades with handle. I use them for modeling and stuff, cheaper than buying X-Acto blades.

AGHisBBS and Linuxguile like this.
  17. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Three 22mm silvertip badgers from Virginia Sheng.
    IMG_6291.JPG

18. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Thiers Issard Bison 6/8. I’ve been on the hunt for a nice TI for months for one in excellent condition without paying for it with a major appendage;) The pic does not do justice. This one’s like new, unused condition:)
    8F719DD5-B3B3-4CD8-A900-6CA7600D856F.jpeg

19. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

The wife and I went to a "Junk Market" at the Civic Center this past Saturday. There wasn't much that interested me, but I managed to find these two brushes: IMG_2242.JPG IMG_2244.JPG

The one on the left is a Klenzo brush B843. This is new to me, i.e., I hadn't heard of the brand before so I know nothing about it. The brush on the right is an Ever Ready 100. Both are in pretty good condition from what I can see.

After leaving the Civic Center we stopped at a Second-Hand Store and I found these mugs:
    IMG_2246.JPG
    The Old Spice mug is in great condition. Other than a tiny chip on the rim it looks like it just came out of the box.

The other mug was labelled as a vintage shave mug. I knew it was a shave mug because it has nubs at the bottom of the mug. The bottom of the mug has an unusual logo on it but after doing some Google searching I was able to determine it's made by Hazel Atlas Glass Company which no longer exists. This next picture shows what the logo looks like in case you ever come across it. It's a H over an A stamp.
    IMG_2248.JPG

20. Bookworm

Which part?

Robyflexx likes this.