The Haul: July 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jun 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

No on the Gibbs. I have only seen them online, but not actually used one.

RaZorBurn123, Jorvaljr and mrchick like this.
  2. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

New from the workshop of Rudy Vey

P6070010.JPG

3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

This John Pitts Celebrated arrived today. I stumbled on it for a very low price and snatched it up because I like the shape of the blade. It looks like an old one. Time for some research.
    [​IMG]
    The scale is wrapped in thin brass sheet from an old repair. I thought it was tape when I saw the sellers pics. Another razor with character.
    [​IMG]

4. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I was going to bid and decided not to very last second. Lol glad I didn't. I have one already. Congrats on the win

RaZorBurn123 and PanChango like this.
  5. Jorvaljr

It's a modern version of the gibbs. The updated the materials and the adjustment mechanism but design was totally gibbs. I'm hunting for gibbs at the moment I have a gibbs but not the adjustable. I think they shave great.

RaZorBurn123 and PanChango like this.
  6. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

I really like the Gibbs design - beautiful razors, especially the adjustable. But I refrain from buying one because of the proprietary blades

RaZorBurn123, PanChango and Jorvaljr like this.
  7. Jorvaljr

You can use regular DE. Just need to snip them to allow the post to go through. I've snipped the ends Of several blades and the razor shaves great. That's why I'm searching for the 2 adjustable models. And the other types .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 21st July
    Yesterday collected his from The Post Office, a nice Satin Finish Mongoose. Now fitted with Proline Blade for todays Shave.

IMG_1414.jpg

9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

The Rex Ambassador looks like it's built really well, it just dawned on me that it's supposed to be released in 10 days.

Jorvaljr, PanChango and Linuxguile like this.
  10. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

My double duck showed up today. Looks pretty good, just needs to be honed to be shave ready! Honesty not sure why I grabbed it considering I've been focusing my efforts on a nice Aristocrat and this will cut into the funds but it called me. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

11. George X

George X Well-Known Member

Mail call and a scentual delivery of Stirling bath soaps, boar brush, two bars of Tuscany and a sample of Sandalwood. Time to begin breaking in a new brush
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Poster

Poster Member

20170722_1600531.jpg
    Semogue 2013 Barbear Classico "Mistura" Limited Edition

13. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

A balsa wood strop and chromium oxide arrived yesterday from @GarnerPW. And since I didn't want it to get broken, I decided to mount it on a 3/8" thick board I had. It's a little short on width, 2.5" compared to the 3" width balsa wood, but it'll work. I did some quick cutting and sanding to make a more comfortable handle. I had to use Elmer's glue, as I didn't have any contact cement, and there was a bit of a high spot running down the middle. Since the glue does have water in it, most likely warped a tad, usually does on soft wood. I just used a sanding block and carefully went through it until I used a steel straight edge every inch to make sure there was no more light showing through. Then I re-applied the chromium oxide, using a coffee filter so I wouldn't get it on my finger.

20170722_010825.jpg
    20170722_112037.jpg

14. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Now you need another one to put on the other side.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Ferrules by Tom arrived today. I got the first four. They are beautiful. I have put them on handles already.
    IMG_4691.JPG
    IMG_4692.JPG IMG_4694.JPG IMG_4696.JPG

16. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

jtspartan and jimjo1031 like this.
  17. George X

George X Well-Known Member

Jayaruh and jimjo1031 like this.
  18. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Today I received a package from Timeless. I bought the Polished OC, 0.95 gap, scalloped cap razor with the H5 dimpled handle and stand. I also received their free towel and signature shave soap based on the current deal they are running.

I waited for the package to arrive before shaving today so that I could break in the new gear. IMO this razor is just superb - from looks and design to the quality of the shave and performance. I need to get more mileage on my Charcoal Level 2, but this Timeless just felt so much better with only just this one shave under my belt. My initial impression is so high. I will have to see over time how this razor perform for my tastes, but things are starting off great!
    Steve

IMG_6288.jpg
    IMG_6294.jpg
    IMG_6305.jpg

RichMack, Jim99, jtspartan and 13 others like this.
  19. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

A beautiful boar brush from Stirling, this handle is fantastic.
    It's no secret that I love Electric Sheep, now I have the matching aftershave!! Smells like the soap.
    IMG_20170722_145125162.jpg

20. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

I landed these at a vintage auction last week. They arrived today.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.