The Haul: July 30th - August 5th, 2012

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by IAmTheJody, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Woke up this morning to my win of a 1959 FatBoy. FINALLY I WON A BLOODY AUCTION!!!!!! From the pics it looks user grade for the most part but we'll see what scrubbing bubbles can do. Besides if I have to get it replated it doesn't matter cause I only paid $40 for it.

2. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

My order from RoyalShave.com finally came in. They had Calani on sale for $10/puck so I bought the Havanna and the Oriental Plum. To get to the $25 free shipping limit I also threw in a puck of Haslinger Honig.

[​IMG]

Asd, GDCarrington, trader ron and 5 others like this.
  3. Neolithium

Final haul before the long weekend. My Bounders wax got here today. EXCEPTIONAL packaging I should add. Very neat.
    [​IMG]

4. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

P1040216(1).JPG

Wow I did not realise how good these razors looked untill I got this one delivered today, I got it for the GF.

5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    [​IMG]
    If anyone can figure out what this is, I'll post pics of what's inside it. If not, you will all have to wait until it shows up on my doorstep for more pics.:D Gorgo, you are not allowed to post the answer.

EDIT: I can't keep a secret...so check further down this page for the contents of this amazing piece of Gillette memorabilia.

GDCarrington likes this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Aw, MAN.

(sorry, I am having to listen to WAY too much Dora)

7. Neolithium

Preaching to the choir, brother!

8. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    I'll give you guys a hint. This was found in a local estate of a gentleman who worked for Gillette. It dates from the late '50's to early '60's.

9. Neolithium

A 1964 Austin Martin DB7?

Queen of Blades, PLANofMAN and gorgo2 like this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Gillette had a Q Branch?

11. Neolithium

Of course! Who do you think made the Slim Adjustable for Goldfinger! lol

PLANofMAN likes this.
  12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

how could I not see that coming...I must be more tired than I thought...

13. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    I'm pretty sure this item was smuggled out the Q branch door. Gillette didn't sell these...containers.

14. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Yay! My TSD Lanolin soap came today. I ordered the TSD Signature scent. It smell spicey and delicious! I can't wait to use it on my next shave!
    uploadfromtaptalk1344036110549.jpg

Asd, alpla444, asleep2shave and 3 others like this.
  15. ella

ella Member

Bought this blue Lady Gillette on Etsy for $12 +shipping, my first DE. I love it! When I started to unwrap the package I saw bright turquoise inside the bubble wrap and began to panic...it was only tissue paper ;)
    Had my first DE shave today and am starting to understand how people can enjoy shaving.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I've been using a Schick G8 injector: it has more wear but the guts are in great shape. I like that you can tell someone used and appreciated this razor over 50 years ago.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Asd, GDCarrington, Hanzo and 6 others like this.
  16. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

uploadfromtaptalk1344048107021.jpg

My brother flew in from Japan and these are the shaving goods he brought for me (as well as some awesome chopsticks). They are old Schick blades. I don't know the age or anything...I just know they are getting used tomorrow! :)

Asd, GDCarrington, Hanzo and 6 others like this.
  17. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    I've discovered that I'm horrible at keeping secrets. This is something really rare and unusual and I want the forum to see it.:D According to the seller it contains 1,200 blades, in factory sealed condition. According to Gorgo, these old blades were coated with silicone and should still be good even after all this time. After seeing what a few packs of super blue blades are selling for, I think I got a good deal at cents per blade. This is a fully loaded Gillette factory blade storage container. I will probably end up using these. It might take a lifetime or two if my blade sharpener works as well as advertised. It's the biggest NOS blade dispenser I've ever seen...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It would make an interesting blade bank too...the problem being that you would have to use up the blades on it first. What really blows my mind is that this was listed for 31 days before I bought it. I can't believe it wasn't snatched up by a collector or a carbon blade enthusiast. Super blues have a great reputation.

18. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

WOW, Ryan! Congrats on a great catch!
    :drool: :drool: :drool:

PLANofMAN and richgem like this.
  19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well, here is another Goldfinger!

I obtained this one and it even has a case.

[​IMG]

Asd, 5Savages, battle.munky and 5 others like this.