The Haul: June 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Just got back from a month long cross country road trip. Stopped at Maggard's in Michigan and picked a few items. 9 more soaps, three after shaves, three brushes and a Merkur Futur razor.
    Michigan Haul.jpg

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I have to clean them to get datecodes, and I'm not a razor expert so I can't even tell you what is what off the top of my head.

Jorvaljr, Bama Samurai and Linuxguile like this.
  3. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

That's okay, you can send them to me, and I'll clean them up for you :p

(Actually, I would, and send them back afterwards)

4. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I hauled (pics borrowed from internet) (sorry for laziness) 2017-05-30-12-44-04-.jpg 2017-06-05-19-21-10-.jpg 2017-06-05-19-22-19-.jpg

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Enjoy!! Those things arethe bomb diggity!

Linuxguile, Jorvaljr, RyX and 2 others like this.
  6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Thanks. I remember liking this razor and I liked the Schick blades better than the Personna ones are about all I remember. That was years ago and I am sure my technique has improved. I don't remember why I gravitated away from them. I think it might be the price per blade when compared to DE razors.

Linuxguile, Jorvaljr, RyX and 2 others like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I bet an injector blade goes at least a dozen shaves for you and your solid techniques. It brings the per use cost in to DE world.

Linuxguile, Jorvaljr, RyX and 3 others like this.
  8. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I have a blade loaded and ready to take for a test drive. I normally get 4-5 shaves from a DE. I know I could get more, but once the shave starts not lasting as long, I swap the blade. I'm looking forward to using it. I think it is much more my speed than the shavette.

9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Did I mention how much I loved the Parker? I think I said it in the video of the first shave with it!!

Bama Samurai and PanChango like this.
  10. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I missed your video, but I am glad to hear that. Enjoy the razor.

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Jim99, AGHisBBS, RaZorBurn123 and 2 others like this.
  12. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Nice shave. Your technique is much better than mine was. :)

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

46391612.jpg

I work environmental, around some very nasty chemical; I've confronted Mozambique spitting Cobras and Puff Adders in Swaziland Africa and that sir scares the snot out of me. :shocked003:

14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

The Parker is a nice shave. Open blades just take practice.

Very nice actually. Better feeling then my Dovo.

RaZorBurn123, Enrico and RyX like this.
  15. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

This crazy little thing landed today. I'm guessing this was aimed at men as a travel razor. The womens version came in pastel shades. The modern puck is there as a size comparitor; no way does that razor take that size blade.

2017souplexSet1.jpg

SHAVEWIZARD420, brit, Jim99 and 10 others like this.
  16. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Thanks for posting a video, I've always been interested in trying a shavetta. I believe I'll get one and give it a try. Again thanks for the video.

RyX and mrchick like this.
  17. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

That looks like a Laurel. They came in generic shades. It was the Kewtie that came in pastels.

Puma likes this.
  18. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

It's marked Souplex on the lid. The Souplex Nymph is the one in pastel shades and sold as a 'ladies razor'.

19. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

@RaZorBurn123 had to come and twist my arm to post the newest razors in my den. So this past weekend I went back to one of my local antique shops to pick up a couple of razors that I had seen there the week before.

The first one is a Type G Schick Injector. I knew I could get blades for it from the Net but I didn't know I could get them local. When I found the blades for it at a local drugstore/Chemist I bought them. Then used the blades as an excuse to my wife to buy the razor.

[​IMG]
    This is a photo before I cleaned it up. It still had a blade in it. I have since cleaned it and used it.

The other razor I got was an old GEM SE in a original travel case. I guess that's what the case is, a Travel Case. Anyway on with the story. I had seen it there the week before and thought it was pretty neat but a little more then I wanted to spend on an SE as I am now shaving with and consider myself a straight razor guy. When I went back though I just had to get them both. As the GEM was the prettier of the two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Now I have done nothing to the razor. I have not cleaned it in anyway at this point.

As I am new to the whole RAD, or should I say Safety RAD problem. I have about 10 straight razors at this point. I know nothing of dating either one of the razors. I posted both of these in the Safety Razor Forum here at the Den showing off what I got and asking for help dating the razors. I was told by @americanshamrock that the Schick looked like a Type G. @'65 G-Slim and @jimjo1031 both pointed me to places and threads to help me date my GEM. After a little bit of reading and going through threads I found two things. The first I thought my newest GEM was from the late 20's maybe. The second was that @Billyfergie and @Bird Lives are our two resident GEM experts. I sent a PM to both gentlemen. Billy got back to me that afternoon and told me that what I had was an early GEM Brooklands from 1924. Now I work in a cube farm, so when I read his reply I squealed like a little school girl. Luckily everybody I work with already thinks I'm nuts.

So I am going to clean up the GEM with some MAAS and use it at least once. As that is what we do, Buy old vintage razors to use them not put them in a curio cabinet and look at them from afar. But I may just have to put this one on the top shelf of my den and just use in on special occasions.

20. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Outstanding Haul!! You have some good spots for safety razors.

ob1page, Linuxguile and RyX like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.