The Peroni - "Tilt" razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

The original Flexball technology.

Tdmsu and Darkbulb like this.
  2. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

And the answer is... oddly listed!
    Thank you!

Darkbulb likes this.
  3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Excellent razor. On the base plate design you can see either Gibbs made or heavily influenced by Gibbs. I lean toward it actually being Gibbs. Enjoy!

Darkbulb likes this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Very cool! How much pressure does it take for the head to move? Will it move during the shave? I likey!

Darkbulb likes this.
  5. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Actually it requires quite a bit of pressure - just shaving with it will certainly not make it move out of place at all. Seems like a really solid build - we'll see how practical it actually is though :)

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I would agree 100% with that. If I'd put any money down I'd bet on the head being made by Gibbs.
    (And...interesting enough...I got a Gibbs razor on its way to me as well... :D )

7. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Please send it to me as well. Thanks

Darkbulb likes this.
  8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Sent
    Always looking forward to have some Peroni-friends :)

mrchick likes this.
  9. VedderLG

VedderLG Well-Known Member

That is super cool

Darkbulb likes this.
  10. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

That looks like a great razor.

Darkbulb likes this.
  11. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I'm seriously thinking about it.

Darkbulb likes this.
  12. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

First shave with it coming up this Monday.......fingers crossed.....

Slow Joe, clint64 and mrchick like this.
  13. Rapidray

Rapidray Well-Known Member

An interesting and cool looking razor. Enjoy it.

Darkbulb likes this.
  14. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Thanks, I'll post something tomorrow about how the first shave with it went...

mrchick likes this.
  15. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Old, Out of date with modern accessories, hard to handle, and of questionable working condition? I have a retirement home nearby that you will love for the companionship then.

PLANofMAN and ObiDon like this.
  16. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Today was the first day of my week where I will only use the Peroni 'Tilt' razor.

Loading the blade showed a healthy bit of blade exposure as you can see below:
    [​IMG]

Lathered up with some amazing Soap Commander soap (one of my recent favorite soaps) and went to work.

I started out with the razor in a neutral 'tilt' - just straight and even - and proceeded with my WTG pass.
    Sliding it down I immediately realized that this razor is no joke - this is a highly efficient razor.
    I continued my pass and also continued to be in awe - I was practically DONE after one pass. That's how crazy efficient this razor was to me.

Compared to ALL the razors I've given a week-long test so far - this razor is a 9.9 on the efficiency scale but it somehow does it without being overly aggressive.

I played around with angling the razor head - pitching and yawing..and even though I rather liked it when I did a mini-XTG pass I did end up using it pretty much like a standard razor after the novelty had worn off. I do think there can be people out there that would really appreciate to be able to set the angle in pretty much any way the want. It surely didn't take away from the razor and I will get back to experiment with it more during this week.

I re-lathered and finished off my shave with an ATG pass and I was done. Smooth as an infant's behind.

So, today was a great experience and I really can't wait to continue trying it out this week (and yes, I'm sure I'll be angling away as well just for the fun of it).

[​IMG]

Tdmsu, Slow Joe, David Green and 7 others like this.
  17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great report. It just goes to show you that blade gap and aggressiveness are not the same thing.

18. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Great write up. Very cool looking razor. :eatdrink047:

19. DEfettish

DEfettish Well-Known Member

Next question is, where can I get one of these?

20. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Find out where Darkbulb lives, drive over and raid his stash.

Edit: raid his computer??

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    Slow Joe and DEfettish like this.