The RAD takes a new twist.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Slivovitz, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Razors interest me as tools. I've acquired a sizable collection, mostly vintage, just from wanting to try out different things. If they are in excellent condition, even NOS, all the better, but the main point has been to shave with them.

Recently though, I bought a case by itself, just to complement a razor I already had. It was an Ever-Ready case, but I didn't even know for sure what razor it would take. Turned out that my ER 1912 and 1914 models were too big, but the Ever-Ready 1924 was just right.

[​IMG]

There are four of those vintage blades you see, to put in the blade holder. There was also an oddball DE blade in there, eBay sellers don't always understand what they're selling.

The razor was actually bought from the Shave Den store more than a year ago. The store had some vintage razors for a while, but it's been a long time since I saw one there.

Not sure what the custom emblem on the outside is from, but with the crossed halberds and sword I'm guessing some sort of fraternal order, hopefully not one I would disapprove of. That's a rather crude skull and crossbones in the center, and the monogram FCB is at least better than the one we saw here recently on a foldabrush set.:happy005

[​IMG]

It cost me $8.64 shipped, which is not terrible, but buying an empty case is definitely an ominous development.

Terry likes this.
  2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Poor, poor Sliv, the beginning of the end just began.

Terry likes this.
  3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    The razor and case are looking good together. :happy088

:happy097

I have a couple Micromatics in the store right now.

There are more I need to add, but.........
    It's always about when I find the time and the razors.

Terry likes this.
  4. Tinmantoo

Tinmantoo New Member

Terry likes this.