The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Once again let me reiterate that when Rod creates a treasure, he creates a TREASURE!

I was expecting a cough syrup type of scent from the Glacial Black Cherry soap. In all honesty I'm not a black cherry, white cherry, red cherry......any kind of cherry fan, but does this one ever smell great. My wife sniffed it and said "OMG, mon amour - the whole house is going to smell from this soap tomorrow!" I told her "Good!"

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  2. Yehuda D

Rod, anyone who uses cursing on your site, or anyone else's is a HOMAR!

Paul Turner and PLAla like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

It is indeed on the sight, Rod. It'll take me some time to locate it again, to show you where it is-that's how shocked I was, made me forget the product being reviewed. One clue I do recall is it was in the customer's opening sentence.

4. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

:signs011:
    I opened my Glacial Lemon Chill bath bar today. After working outside with the heat index over 100°, and near 100% humidity, I used it in a cool shower and had goosebumps when I stepped out... Yeah, it's THAT good!

5. Yehuda D

Try a Glacial Spearmint bath soap - Holy Polar Vortex, Batman!

dustmite and theFAT98 like this.
  6. Yehuda D

Guys, here's my review of the Glacial Black Cherry soap!

Ease of lather 10/10:--Explodes into awesome lather FAST!

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Multipasses are so easy!

General skincare: 10/10:--The best. A monstrous menthol sensation with gentle, soothing, protective post-shave sensation.

Scent: 10/10 --True black cherry with enough menthol to clear the sinuses. I love it!

Price: 9/10--Even with the exchange rate this stuff is very good value.

Would I buy again: 10/10--You better believe it!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  7. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

I just finished day 15 of my Stirling shavathon-----different soap every day. I have nearly 40 to go through---lots of wonderful shaves!!!!

ezlovan, PLAla, Yehuda D and 2 others like this.
  8. capsfanx

capsfanx Well-Known Member

How many of you have Island Man and South Padre? I have been using a sample of Island Man and I really like it! I am going to have to order a tub of it and matching Splash soon.

I think I may order up the South Padre also. It sounds really interesting. The wife got me Weekend in Malibu and I really like that as well, so figure I would probably like SP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

One of the few pucks of Stirling shave soaps I do own. The Orange Chill is one of my favorite scents. Finished the shave with Stirling's Executive Man balm....[​IMG]

10. Yehuda D

Now that I received my new Glacial MITA bowl I don't mind knocking off the remnants of the old one so maybe I'll do that tomorrow. I'd also like to try the North Padre bath soap sample that Rod threw in. I like the scent.

11. Paul Turner

All right, count me in on the cold stuff-just ordered Glacial Wintergreen.

12. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

The Glacial bath bars are possibly the greatest product to bless mankind in recorded history... Truly a transcendental experience after a hot day working outside!

ezlovan and Yehuda D like this.
  13. Paul Turner

oh, this is the shave soap.

14. Yehuda D

I showered before with the North Padre bath soap sample which Rod so kindly sent along with my order. The scent is strong, kind of difficult to describe, but quite nice. The soap performs very well, just as all of them do. From what I understand this scent is now discontinued.

ezlovan and George X like this.
  15. Yehuda D

Oh boy, I was just looking over my old Glacial MITA jar..............it looks it may have to go to.................the..............trashcan. I don't think it'll have enough soap to make a good lather for my three pass shave routine tomorrow morning. Ah well - parting is such sweet sorrow. :(

ezlovan likes this.
  16. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

Oh no! That's sad..... wait.... mix it with something

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Yehuda D likes this.
  17. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

Had an amazing shave tonight! Glacial MITA has to be the best shave soap ever made, lol!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

18. Paul Turner

It may be, but you know you always have Doc Ezlovan to rely on :).

ezlovan, Gnomeo0228 and Yehuda D like this.
  19. Yehuda D

Done already - out with the old, in with the new!

ezlovan likes this.
  20. Yehuda D

What an amazing shave I had with it too!

Isn't that menthol effect to die for? And that scent, and let's not forget that lather!