The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Just to going to leave this one right here.....yeah, it was a good one. Not pictured is the Glacial Unscented balm. Man, that's some good stuff! I've used it three times now since getting it with the Black Friday deals. I really like it.

SOTD 12-16-17.JPG

2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I totally understand. I have a new top five every week.

ezlovan, PLAla and Yehuda D like this.
  3. PickledNorthern

Scots Pine was the first of the sheep base soaps that I tried. It had me hooked on the first try.

PLAla and Yehuda D like this.
  4. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I had a sample of the Scots Pine Sheep bath soap and I liked it a lot. Like all of Rod's bath soaps this one worked great.

The Frozen Tundra gave me one hell of a menthol wallop, especially during my second pass. Did I ever enjoy it. For tomorrow it'll be Sharp Dressed Man.

Norcalnewb and PLAla like this.
  5. Yehuda D

I knew I'd love that Glacial balm but it totally freaked me out. I never thought I'd love it this much. My mistake was to only get one.

cliffb599 and PLAla like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Beginning next Thursday, I'm lookin at 7 straight days of Stoylin usage(various kinds).

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    PickledNorthern and PLAla like this.
  7. PickledNorthern

I have been using a Rosemary Mint shampoo bar on all my showers at home, since Black Friday. I keep my hair buzzed, so I can’t really comment on the hair care aspect, but I do know for sure that it is good for my scalp. Also not sure if that is a result of the soap formula or the rosemary, but I can say for sure that I will be keeping it around.

PLAla and LOOT like this.
  8. Yehuda D

I had a head like a tukhis this morning and used another soap which was good but not like the Sharp Dressed Man. My shave was pretty good but the skincare lacked a little. Nothing beats Stirling!

PLAla and LOOT like this.
  9. Yehuda D

For my Menthol Monday shave tomorrow it'll be Glacial Black Cherry followed by the Glacial Unscented balm.

PLAla likes this.
  10. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I bought one on Black Friday as well. Do you think it has some type of cooling agent?

PickledNorthern and Yehuda D like this.
  11. Yehuda D

I had a sample of the Rosemary Mint shave soap a few years ago and it was fairly cooling. It lathered well, BUT: it seemed to be a bit irritating to me. This is the one and only Stirling soap I ever encountered this from.

PLAla likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

Did you report this to the Doc?

Yehuda D likes this.
  13. Yehuda D

No, it's such a minor detail. Why bother the gentleman with such worthless trivia like that? In Yiddish we call things like that "babeh mayntses" which means nonsense.

Paul Turner and PickledNorthern like this.
  14. PickledNorthern

It is the mint. Great stuff. I like it for bath soap better than the mentholated, because I tend to have drier skin. The mentholated bars kill me. The mint is a great cool, without being so drying.

PLAla and Yehuda D like this.
  15. Yehuda D

The wife thinks I'm a nutcase because even though it's been very cold I'm using a Glacial Lemon Chill bath soap. It's not only the strong menthol I enjoy, the scent is so nice and it allows me to easily skip the moisturizer. As soon as I get some extra cash I'm going to place an order for some more goodies. One item I have my eye on is the Eucalyptus Mint shave soap and the other is the bath soap.

Gnomeo0228 and PLAla like this.
  16. toc

toc Member

Absolutely love stirling, helps that my wife loves the soap and lip balms as well.

Out of curiosity, why do people here say stoylin? Never seen that on any other board

PickledNorthern and PLAla like this.
  17. Paul Turner

I think it's just me who says that....Just giving it a silly name.. But I love the products I've bought from them, and plan to buy more later on.

18. toc

toc Member

Ah gotcha wasn’t sure if there was some kind of backstory unique to this board. Thanks!

PLAla and Paul Turner like this.
  19. Paul Turner

I used to do that in AOL Chatrooms too..make up goofy names for places, things, and members. Only a tiny handful didn't like them. Anyway, welcome to TSD :).

20. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

@Paul Turner IS a unique backstory! I enjoy his quirks, and what he brings to the table here.

Gnomeo0228, PLAla and Paul Turner like this.