The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Obsidian was a beast. I loved it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Lolllllllll Obsidian savaged my brother-in-law. He couldn't even finish the first pass with it!

Norcalnewb, Paul Turner and ob1page like this.
  3. SharptoothC

I shaved the whole face and head with it, lol. I guess I am a glutton for punishment.

crackstar and ob1page like this.
  4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Myself, I absolutely love it!

ob1page likes this.
  5. banks741938

banks741938 Well-Known Member

Just curious..... what label was the batches that had the smelly tallow? I think my exec. man sample may be one of those...... I compared my ex. man to a new sample in the pass around box and there is a noticeable difference.

6. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor

Those batches were from early 2015. When did you get yours?

crackstar and ob1page like this.
  7. banks741938

i got it in a trade. no big deal i still use it.... I was just wondering what label on the tub to look for when i trade.......... Ive been trading all my other brands soaps i have to convert all to stirling. Rod YOU HAVE HOOKED ME sir......

ezlovan and ob1page like this.
  8. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Well that was worded well.... Can't wait to see what you get for a sample in your next order. :happy097:

dustmite, ezlovan and ob1page like this.
  9. banks741938

Come on now....... just asking a question.... if you saw my shave den you would know that I'm a loyal and faithful stirling customer...

ezlovan, PickledNorthern and ob1page like this.
  10. PickledNorthern

I'm just hacking on you. It was funny as hell. "Hey Rod, what did your tubs look like when your soap still reeked?" ROTFLMAO

Rod has a good sense of humor, or I wouldn't have given you a hard time in public.

dustmite, ezlovan, crackstar and 3 others like this.
  11. banks741938

I know. At least he's honest about it some would try to hide it. Stand up in my opinion.

12. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

The sunflower fields is excellent. I absolutely love the scent! It is clean, crisp, and a unique scent that I haven't encountered before in a shave soap. It is incredibly complex and interesting. It has shot right up to one of my Stirling favorites.

Here is the official description: It boasts top notes of lemon, rosewood, orange blossom, sweet mandarin, bergamot, melon, and sweet peach. Middle notes are comprised of cyclamen, rose, jasmine, osmanthus and iris root. The base notes are musk, cedar, amber, moss and sandalwood.

IMG_20170325_012130.jpg

LOOT, ob1page, Gnomeo0228 and 2 others like this.
  13. SharptoothC

I have a sample of this on tap for today. Looking forward to it.

ob1page and dustmite like this.
  14. banks741938

I know he is marketing it to women but I think it'll sell really well...

honestly is it a noticeable feminine smell??

PickledNorthern and ob1page like this.
  15. SharptoothC

It is quite floral. But a confident guy can use it.

PickledNorthern and ob1page like this.
  16. PickledNorthern

I think it is. My wife likes it. It has a very strong floral note that seems present in a lot of women's soaps. Not sure what it is. My wife said she really gets the rosewood off the puck. It isn't one I will use for myself. Maybe some bath soap for my wife.

bleddybear and ob1page like this.
  17. PickledNorthern

[​IMG]

Cannot say how happy I am that this scent's redux is in mutton. One of my favorites, and now in the best soap formula on Earth.

Thanks @ezlovan !

LOOT, dustmite, ezlovan and 4 others like this.
  18. Straight razor dandy

I find it frustrating that it is marketed to women. I get it...I really do, But I hate it when companies do that. I get it, I get it...They are trying to Target ladies, but there is absolutely ZERO difference in how the soap is made. It has some sweet fruit notes, so call it a woman's soap...Right?

This scent is insanely complex, interesting, and has incredible depth. I love the scent. Calling it a "woman's scent" will ensure fewer sales.
    I guess the good thing that will likely come out if it will be that it will probably drop to their "sales" page sooner or later. I might snag a set when it does.

LOOT, dustmite and ob1page like this.
  19. PickledNorthern

Better to sell less of it and have some options for a woman's scent, than to not advertise how incredibly floral it is, sell a ton of it, and have disappointed dudes everywhere because they bought a soap that smells more feminine than they expected.

If you like it use it. Who cares? I don't make excuses for my lavender and rose scents, but they are undeniably more feminine than masculine.

DesertTime, dustmite, ob1page and 2 others like this.
  20. Straight razor dandy

I think it is a bit odd to call a scent feminine or masculine. There is simply a scent wheel that has different types of items all around it, and that's where they fail. You won't find a "masculine" or "feminine" anywhere on it.

IMG_20170325_103503.jpg

ob1page likes this.