Those Personna Lab Blues ...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BigMark83, Jul 26, 2017.

1. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

It has been a good long while since I have used a Personna Lab Blue. I had one loaded in my Krona for my next shave with it. I don't regret getting more of these blades. It wasn't super close, but it was CCS. Being a head shaver, that is not a bad thing. I read comments online that these blades went downhill. I beg to differ. There is also info that these are owned by the makers of Derby. Both are simply untrue. The blades, imho, are still great. The other info however is totally false. I don't know the whole story, but Edgewell Personal Care is the owner of Personna now, not Derby. Something about a restructuring of the company I believe. It used to be Energizer Holdings. Still good and still made in America :happy088:. Not to mention somewhere under fourteen clams in Amazon.

Jim99, FaceScraper, Jayaruh and 2 others like this.
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My favorite blade. Glad they work for you.

Jim99, BigMark83 and Jayaruh like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    It is good to know there is still a decent DE blade made in the USA. I am still working on my first 100.

BigMark83 and FaceScraper like this.
  4. Amy Warner

Amy Warner The Warner

I ordered de Personna blues for my blue starburst. I cant wait to get them in the mail so I can try them.

Jim99, BigMark83 and FaceScraper like this.
  5. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

PLB are very good blades. Plenty sharp, smooth and consistent !!!

BigMark83 and FaceScraper like this.
  6. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

'Murica!

7. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I have 3 unopened 100 packs and another 100 pack that I'm maybe half way through, and I bought them over 2 years ago. I always get excellent shaves from them in any of my DEs.

BigMark83 likes this.
  8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Pretty much what has been said above, very good blades.

9. capsfanx

capsfanx Well-Known Member

I have only tried 3 Personna Blue so far. 2 were in a white wrapper, was just a month or so ago. I don't remember what was stamped on them. The one I had the other day was in a Blue wrapper and stamped on the blade said for medical use or hospital use or something like that. Was a fantastic Shave!! Are the ones on the white wrapper the same??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim99 likes this.
  10. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I believe they are the same. The only difference from what I've read is the med preps are sterilized.