Time Shaving

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by chromedometone, Mar 9, 2015.

1. chromedometone

chromedometone Active Member

So since I started wet shaving with DE razor and soap/cream and brush, my bathroom time has gone up. I shave my head daily as well as my beard. I timed it today. It took me a half hour on the dot to shave face and head, and quick clean up. I don't want to rush and I like the time/ritual, but will this become quicker with experience?

GDCarrington likes this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I'm sure it will.
    Me, I have no desire for it to get quicker. That morning shower and shave is my ME time.
    My feet hit the floor at 4:30. I grab a cup of coffee and head for the bathroom.
    I'm usually walking out about 5:30.

RaZorBurn123, Bristle Me and Omaney like this.
  3. SDK

SDK it's his fault

It should. I can face lather and get a shave done in under five minutes now. As much as I enjoy the long ones, having a half hour every day is not realistic for me either....

4. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

Half an hour really isn't that bad with a head shave especially if your including your shower in that time. I've done both in about 20 minutes but wasn't really satisfied with the shave.

5. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I agree, half an hour seems pretty good. Head shaver here as well. and I've been using a DE for about 9 months. Unfortunately, I have REALLY coarse hair, and I still have a lot of it everywhere but on top. That means a long time in the shower, and then applying some form of moisturizer and letting it set in for a few minutes before shaving. From waking up to being ready to walk out the door takes me anywhere from 1 to 1.5 hours. The variation generally depends on my audience. I have a 2 year old and 4 year old who sometimes get up early enough to come "help" daddy with his lather while they tell me all about their plans for the day.

kurtmill and txskimo like this.
  6. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Yep, it should go down. I was doing 30 for 3 passes from starting to lather to wiping the counter and now it's more like 7 if I stretch it.

7. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

With a DE razor shave & shower, 15 minutes is reasonable but I agree with others that enjoying a leisurely shave time is preferable.

8. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

Two passes with extra care = 15 min., regular two pass = 10 minutes.

9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Yes. After stepping out of the shower, a head shave and face shave will take about 12-15 min for two passes, and 18-20 min for three passes. For now concern yourself with your technique and if or when you decide to do the 30 day rule your technique will improve and your time spent will be reduced.

IDuck likes this.
  10. marvs

marvs New Member

+1, I used to get shower/shave done in 15 minutes when using carts. It takes me 45 minutes and I enjoy the experience now. Why hurry? I just get up earlier! :)

swarden43 likes this.
  11. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Start to finish, 3 pass face shave, generally takes me about 15 minutes, including shower and cleanup.

12. fakemoez

fakemoez Member

I take 30 minutes and I have a beard! But I take my sweet time. Me time. And we don't have kids, yet, so I'll take as much damn time as I want!

Bristle Me likes this.
  13. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

My whole routine from shower to walking out smelling like Vitalis and Veg is 20 minutes. I do a 2pass shave with either DE or Schick injector.

14. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

From getting into the shower until washing and drying my shave gear and putting them back on the shelf it takes 40-60 minutes. Makes it unrealistic to shave every day even..

EDITED!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
    RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I stopped reading there.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  16. swarden43

Takes me about that long, usually closer to 60, and I shave every day - very realistic for me. Why so unrealistic for you?

Omelmad likes this.
  17. Omelmad

Hahahaha that was a very unfortunate sentence=P

18. Omelmad

I'm a student and I have very inconsistent schedule. Sometime I wake up at 6, sometimes at 8 and sometimes I really sleep in. And when I do that I feel like I need a quick shower and no shave because it feels like I'm wasting time I should be doing something else, like studying =P most of the time I end up watching a series episode. My reason is "I need time to drink a lot of coffe and really wake up before I study"... Never works. I know I can shave but I chose to postpone it. I blame bad routines and laziness haha

19. swarden43

Busy student - 'nuff said :happy088:

Omelmad likes this.
  20. Omelmad

Hey don't get me wrong, nowadays I love shaving. I'm finally getting consistently good shaves. But I like to take it easy and really enjoy it, so when I feel I can't do that I just don't shave =P

swarden43 likes this.