Time to upgrade

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Dapper-in-a-can-man, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

I discovered last night, it's time for me to upgrade to a more aggressive razor. My Weishi is to mild, it was my beginner razor, but I'm just not getting close enough shaves with my Weishi. Thanks folks.

2. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Oh, dear... the trouble is about to begin. I need another brush /cream/soap /razor/aftershave/preshave because (fill in to whim). AD's are always lurking around the corner. Be strong, my friend, be strong. ;)

3. Dapper-in-a-can-man

I've been "window shopping" for almost a year :p it is time. The insatiable craving for more. I'm no kidding, dreaming about it.

macaronus likes this.
  4. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

DE 89 either Muhle or Edwin Jagger. Drive that around your face for a few months and grab an R-41 ;)

Shaver X likes this.
  5. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

1912 GEM, 1914 Ever-Ready or Schick E, G or adjustable M type injector.

Bird Lives, fram773 and Cool Breeze like this.
  6. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Sabi,Edwin Jagger89,Weber SS polished head or EverReady 1924 "shovel head" are all good shavers and are better made and somewhat more aggressive then the Weishi of course "YMMV"..

fram773 likes this.
  7. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

EJ 89 as others have said is an awesome tool. Gem micromatic is a fine tool as well, they are crazy abundant, can be found all over the web for less than $15.00 in awesome shape (I have several that look like new) are tto and are nicely aggressive.
    If you want to spend a bit more, a Gillette adjustable would be realy nice. You have all 3 (mild, moderate and aggressive) all in one. With an adjustable you wouldn't NEED any other razor. You will of course WANT more. They are a bit pricey but considering you get 3 razors in one, not a bad investment.
    I do however love my Gems.

8. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

Razzorock or Cadet OC excellent middle of the road (aggression vise) razors for a great price.

RaZorBurn123 and CyanideMetal like this.
  9. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Y'all are making this hard :p

10. 2grubswrestle1

2grubswrestle1 Active Member

I would suggest to start off with an adjustable at first......as stated above they are a great choice. The aggressiveness can be dialed up to what you want at the time! As time goes on you will find others that you will want as well. There is no really wrong choice as long as you are happy with it.

Cool Breeze and CyanideMetal like this.
  11. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

:signs011::hooray:

At some point, you will have to have an adj. razor. Pay the shave gods now or pay them later...

12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Merkur Futur. And order it on the day your son is born. That way he'll have a birth-year razor (there a-bouts, anyway :D) handed down to him from his old man!

TSimons, CyanideMetal, tuxxdk and 2 others like this.
  13. Dapper-in-a-can-man

That sounds amazing!

tuxxdk likes this.
  14. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Merkur 34C or Merkur 37C
    Gillette New (LC or SC)

15. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Merkur 34C or Edwin Jagger DE89. I have used both and found them to be excellent.

16. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Literally dreaming shaving equipment means that you're thinking a whole lot about the subject and the situation has gotten completely out of hand. Just make sure you don't end up like the guy who tried asking his wife for some of her hair to make a shaving brush..he got trouble there..:eek:

Dapper-in-a-can-man likes this.
  17. Dapper-in-a-can-man

The wife actually let me practice lathering on her face. I think it's to late :'(

18. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

A year!!! You are made of stern stuff. I measure my window shopping in days, sometimes hours! You need several new razors, stat! Tell your wife you have no choice - it's a matter of mental hygiene. Suppressing these needs and desires can be very dangerous...

offroad64 and 178-bplatoon like this.
  19. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Ah oh..I was afraid of that..she used more product and it worked..:ban:

20. Dapper-in-a-can-man

I'm sitting here browsing the Italian Barber, Maggards, and WCS.... ARGGGGGGGG why can't I just make up my mind?!?!?! I think I might just go to antique shops, so I can fall in love with cash in hand :D :p

Troy M likes this.