Timeless Razor: The Champ In My Den

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Number six, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

Every new razor brings with it plusses and minuses, and generally takes a few or more uses to really show it's character. Enter the Timeless Scalloped Head razor which I purchased a couple of months ago. It has slain all competition. The Mongoose, Wolfman, BBS-1, Cobra are all great shavers, but I haven't been able to get the efficient and easy shave that I get from the Timeless. The shave I get from the Timeless with a Polsilver is unmatched.

I keep thinking there must be some other variable. There isn't.

If this keeps up I will be having a clearance sale!

Well done Timeless razors.

SOTD Aug 19 2016_2.jpg

2. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I have one and it is indeed a very fine and well thought out design. The best DE ever IMHO. You are spot on in your opinion.

3. RyX

RyX DoH!

No personal experience with modern razors, but you make a strong case comparing it to some big names. I see you are using the scalloped head. Rather than OC or bar, the scalloped base - mild or medium? Your handle also appears to be other than a stock option. American made of 100% stainless steel so it should last several lifetimes. It is a beautiful unit.

Redfisher, waffen and JR Reyes like this.
  4. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I never heard of this razor but it sounds great and it looks pretty interesting. I agree with RyX that you are comparing it to some pretty renowned razors so it must be pretty amazing to trump all of the ones that you named. Great photo as well.

Redfisher, waffen and RyX like this.
  5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Let me pm you my address.. Just in case you find those other razors beneath you... ;):angelic007:

Beautiful set up by the way. !

Redfisher and waffen like this.
  6. waffen

waffen Well-Known Member

Yes very nice pic indeed, and I will have to check this razor out, the hunt is on.....again

7. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

That razor is cool and all but that brush is stunning.

Boojum1, Number six, Demidog and 2 others like this.
  8. simms623

simms623 Well-Known Member

And the sexiest razor award goes to... Timeless!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

9. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Never used one, but they sure look great.

Demidog, Redfisher and waffen like this.
  10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I have the Timeless OC and agree with you assessment. The razor is very smooth and efficient. The shaves rival those from all my other razors.

Number six, RyX, macaronus and 3 others like this.
  11. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Looks nice. I want one!:) Just can't afford one.:(

12. waffen

waffen Well-Known Member

Yeah can't really or want to afford that, I probably could but then I think my first car was $200 well maybe I'll win the lotto

13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

The new .68mm base plates are also very nice. I can't decide if I prefer the .95mm OC or my new .68mm scalloped SB one.
    I did some reviews of them and an attempt at a comparison over on TSR.ATG

clint64, AGHisBBS, macaronus and 2 others like this.
  14. Number six

This is the standard head, medium. The handle is a UFO Titan L Fine. Great combo. I tend to like the weight balanced towards the head...

Thanks!

Redfisher and clint64 like this.
  15. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    When you decide to have a fire sale, pm me...:)

Redfisher and clint64 like this.
  16. Number six

Shout out to the Blackbird...dang great razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint64 likes this.
  17. waffen

waffen Well-Known Member

Number 6, Iam in, I decided to save my pennies, a lot of them and purchase a Timeless, so school me, the choices scalloped head, oc and they give you a choice of gap, oh man so many choices what a great time to be alive!

clint64 and Redfisher like this.
  18. rawfox1

rawfox1 Well-Known Member

It's about time that the Timeless Razor is getting the credit it deserves. It shaves like no other razor on the market today. It is well built, the design is wonderful and they are available to purchase without a long if any wait time. A MUST BUY!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

clint64, waffen and Redfisher like this.
  19. waffen

waffen Well-Known Member

Timeless razor question guys they have a .68 gap like on the scalloped ( I think it has my name on it) or the .95 which one can you compare it to, let's say a Gillette red tip or and old 1904 OC Gillette ?

clint64 likes this.
  20. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I have the original OC .95 and I love it, used it this morning actually. It has no equal, very smooth and efficient. I'm trying to think of something to compare it to..... Maybe a New LC... But smoother.

clint64, gorgo2 and waffen like this.