Tobacco Tuesdays

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Figaro qua, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Figaro qua

Figaro qua Member

Gents,
    We have menthol Mondays which I enjoy but how about tobacco Tuesdays? Lots of choices with this.

2. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what's considered a tobacco scent. Can someone list some common products?

3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Tabac?

Tdmsu likes this.
  4. Mr. Shaverman

People have said that, but I don't get any tobacco from it and on the Tabac manufacturer's site it lists all of the notes and none of them are tobacco.

Slow Joe likes this.
  5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Very interesting...I know that tobacco is a note in things like English Leather. I don't actually use Tabac myself.

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Tabac ingredients break-d0wn in terms of scent;

Limonene
    Orange scent

Linalool
    Floral/Spice scent

Cinnamyl alcohol
    Sweetgum/Cinnamon

Eugenol
    Spicy Clove

Citronellol
    Rose/Geraniums scent

No trace of tobacco anywhere.

The last one;

Coumarin
    Is potentially the one where one can derive some meaning to the name - and some tobacco scent - as it's a compound often used to scent tobacco products. So it's not technically tobacco but a scent that is often used to improve the scent of tobacco based products so it might come across as familiar for that reason.

Hodge, Tdmsu and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  7. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

There's HTGAM Cavendish and I just tried Wickham's Sweet Tobacco yesterday for the first time. Tobacco is my favorite scent. I wish there was more to choose from.

8. Figaro qua

Figaro qua Member

Zi' Peppino, Ginger's Garden Havana Cognac, Shannon' s Silk Pajamas, Tiki the Captain and on Etsy alone there are at least a dozen tocacco scents I found with about 5 minutes of browsing. As you can guess, I am also fond of that scent.

9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

This list of tobacco scented shaving soaps is 1-2 years old so it may or may not be fully up-to-date:

St Charles soap - Pipe Tobacco scented
    Dr Harris' Malborough
    Gentleman's Quarter - Cavendish Black
    Mama Bear - Pipe tobacco
    Charismata - cherry pipe tobacco
    Prairie Creations - Gentleman's pipe
    Portland General Store - Tobacco soap
    Honeybee Soaps - Tobacco scented soap and stick
    Straight razor design - Cavendish soap
    Mystic Water - Sweet Briar soap
    B&M - Roam
    Calani - Classic Havana
    Santa Maria Novella Crema da Barba - Tabacco Toscano
    Razorock - Zi Peppino
    Tiki - The Captain

macaronus, Tdmsu and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  10. Figaro qua

Figaro qua Member

I just saw a Tweet of a SOTD with Country Club Havana. New to me but another example of just how many are out there.

11. Figaro qua

Figaro qua Member

Wow most impressive young Jedi. Thanks for the list.
    I just thought of Soapy Bathman Desperado, Whiskey and Lace has one as well as many from Man Cave Soaps and Whoostheman Soaps.

12. Jasio78

Jasio78 Well-Known Member

This isn't fair. Now I want to go and purchase some tobacco scented cream... And I will, no doubt.

I'm up for my first menthol Monday tomorrow, I will happily follow with a tobac Tuesday. ( if we decide that it counts). I was washing up for bed tonight, and I just had an impromptu lather up of it. Love it. And I smell nice.

13. CyanideMetal

Has anyone tried Mystic Water Sweet Briar? I like a strong pipe tobacco scent.

14. Figaro qua

Figaro qua Member

I emailed them and they said they were out of stock and waiting on the oils to make it.

15. CyanideMetal

Thanks. I've heard very little about the scent. Perhaps our resident MW expert @celestino can help. :cool:

16. Mr. Shaverman

Nice lists! It seems like tobacco is a scent favored by 'artisans' and not 'real' manufacturers.*

*both artisans and real are used as nothing more than contrasting terminology and makes some sense if you don't think about it too hard. Please don't think about it too hard.

macaronus likes this.
  17. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

I went through my Tobacco soap scent phase, and found various interpretations of this category. It all depends on what your interpretation of a "good" tobacco scent should be. Of course scents are so subjective, but I try to pair a good scent to a good memory. I love walking into a tobacco shop and catching a whiff of the various pipe tobacco blends in the air. My grandfather smoked a pipe for a few years, and for me, the best soap that "reminded" me of those good times was La Habana by Beer Soap Brewing Co. They recently changed their name to Country Club for Men, but the soap is still called La Habana. I currently have WSP Tobacco, but this soap smells more like a cologne to me versus actual tobacco. It smells a lot like bearded lady for BSBC and bergamot & Bay from CRSW.

I know @Derhey is a fan of this scent category and hopefull he will chime in. I also want to say that he is looking at getting the mystic water sweet briar soap.

I'm all about a Tobacco Tuesday...so Count me IN.

18. Derhey

Derhey Well-Known Member

Love tobacco scents. I have two different on order (PAA Cavendish and Mystic Water Sweet Briar). I will let you know how I like them. Right now, I use and love BSBC La Habana and London Skies (to me it has a sweet tobacco scent). I really like to follow up the London Skies with Burberry London cologne (insert drooling sound here). I have also tried the WSP tobacco but to me it smells like "green" tobacco. DR' Harris Marlborough does not really smell like a true tobacco to me but I still enjoy it. Last but not least, Strop Shoppe Baker Street with tallow is an outstanding soap that has a mild tobacco den scent. The performance on Baker Street is second to none. Hope that helps; again, I will let you know what I think of the two I have on order when I give them a ride. Good day Gentlemen!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  19. Figaro qua

Figaro qua Member

Just found these on Etsy. Whoostheman Soap
    Manifest
    It's Elementary
    Rocker
    Afterburn
    Regent
    Kill Devil
    Viper

20. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I don't think the Marlborough has much of a tobacco scent, but I may be olfactory challenged.