TOBS Shaving Shop Shave Cream

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by eaglewing59, Apr 27, 2016.

1. eaglewing59

eaglewing59 Well-Known Member

I got my tube of Shaving Shop and tried it this morning. I have to say I'm not real happy with the smell. It has a real funky smell to it. Not like anything I can relate it to. Performance was TOBS awesome though. I'll be buying some Almond next.

Spud likes this.
  2. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I haven't tried that one. I personally was disappointed with the Cedar scent. Have you tried the grapefruit? It's awesome.

whiteboy_cannon likes this.
  3. gmaugie007

gmaugie007 Well-Known Member

i always enjoy TOBS performance. i've enjoyed many TOBS scents.

avocado might just be my fav, though ...

Pedigree likes this.
  4. eaglewing59

I have TOBS Lavender, Avocado, sandalwood and love them all. TOBS is my definate go to cream. I will be ordering Grapefruit and Almond next.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

5. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I won some in a PIF a couple of years ago. It was ok, but nothing I was anxious to go out and buy again.

6. John1513

John1513 Member

I've only tried the sandalwood. I liked it. Have not tried any of the others

7. gadabout

gadabout Well-Known Member

TOBS is great. My favorites are the Almond and the Grapefruit.

Pedigree likes this.
  8. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I've seen much praise for the avocado scent.

To get a sense of it, could I sniff a real one to get an idea or?

9. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

I'm on my second tub of it. It's my favorite TOBS cream. A very " barbershop " scent.

Pedigree likes this.
  10. eaglewing59

I didn't get the "Barbershop" scent from it. If the "Barbershop" smelled like that I wouldn't go in! Maybe I got a bad batch. I hate to say it but it reminded me of a cat box.

11. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

Eeewww! Ha!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

12. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

I must say I used to wonder how could TOBS creams be so much less expensive? They are good but put an open tub up next to open tubs of GFT and DR Harris and you'll see the difference. But they are an excellent value.

13. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

Its been a while since I've used it but Shave Shop is a nice barbershop/cologne type scent. I liked it but think it was discontinued it in the tub and now only offered in the tube.

Pedigree likes this.
  14. eaglewing59

Still offered in the tub

15. BradleyD

BradleyD Active Member

TOBS Coconut smells really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tuxxdk likes this.
  16. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I love many TOBS products, but the jermyn street is my favorite. It smells fan-freaking-tastic.

Since it's summer, I will be getting their peppermint shave cream next. I prefer the soaps, but I believe TOBS only makes peppermint in a cream, so I guess I will go that route.

BradleyD likes this.
  17. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

I've never had their soap Dandy, how does it compare to say, DR Harris? I love the value of the creams but they aren't quite as good as Harris or Trumper or SJoL.

18. Straight razor dandy

I find their soaps to be better overall than dr harris, trumper, and sjol, but pretty similar in quality to T & H

19. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

Well, Trumper's soap is very bad so that doesn't surprise me but Harris is usually considered the best of the English bunch so that's a definite vote against the crowd. Must see for myself.

Pedigree likes this.
  20. Straight razor dandy

Don't get me wrong, I have a couple dr harris soaps and I like them, I just prefer TOBS and T&H