Truefitt & Hill

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by JeremyJ, Dec 1, 2016.

1. JeremyJ

JeremyJ New Member

Hey guys. Was debating on picking up some Truefitt & Hill shaving soap but I've heard some negative things lately in regards to building a good lather. Is this the general consensus of everybody or is there some technique to it? Thanks everybody!

2. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I have hard water which makes it difficult for me to get a good lather with some soaps including Truefitt & Hill. I get excellent lather from their creams.

3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I got some Truefitt & Hill soap as part of a used lot. Tried it but got sub-par lather. The shave wasn't comfortable. Like @John Beeman I have hard water. I ended up trading it for some other soap.

4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I will say that the brown wooden container that it came in was really pretty!

5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Ive only used the cream, their excellent. Ive got ultimate comfort and 1805. Greath lathering ease and face feel after is phenomenal. Puts them on my top shelf.
    My only complaint is that the scents dont easily match my a/s collection well, and they want a lot for their a/s's.

6. JeremyJ

JeremyJ New Member

I ended up buying the 1805 refill puck, no bowl for now. I also got some D.R. Harris Marlborough. I don't believe I have hard water so I'm interested in giving it a try. I like the Truefitt creams as well and decided I wanted to try a soap out. Hopefully it works out. Thanks guys!

7. JeremyJ

JeremyJ New Member

Hey again guys! I didn't really want to start a new thread for this so here goes. I got my D.R. Harris and Truefitt and Hill soap a while back. Not really a review but I just wanted to say something good because there is a lot of negative about the T&H soaps. I love this stuff. I've used my D.R. Harris twice. My TOBS isn't seeing much love either right now. Well that's about it. Just wanted to report back in case anybody is interested in this stuff. Also if you have hard water don't buy this. Judging from other people this stuff will not work. Other than that I will be buying more and would highly recommend this soap. Like I said, not much of a review but just something positive for T&H soaps. Take care everybody!

8. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

As far as T&H, I feel they have some of the best creams out there. I enjoy TOBS quite a bit as well, and dr Harris slightly less so.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2016