TSD mentioned in Businessinsider.com

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by RaZorBurn123, Apr 14, 2018.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

No need to use a straight. All razors love Williams.

That is more like enjoyment...not quality. An unscented soap will provide every bit as good a shave as scented. There are scents I really like....but they do not make the quality of the shave any better.

brit, Jim99 and RyX like this.
  2. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Cool plug!

RaZorBurn123 and Jim99 like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

And also don't touch my Rise Super Foam......the lovely goo has served me well.

Jim99, wchnu, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

a cube van fitted with a park bench will get you from point a to point b.just like a cadillac..neither are good if you don t know how to drive....

AGHisBBS, Jim99, wchnu and 3 others like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

Same here. I'll dispense a quantity of Barbasol Arctic Chill (the only one I have at the moment) into my shave bowl and punch it down with a brush. Deflating the foam gives it more glide. Since I'm using a moistened brush there's water added, too.
    I was going to do a Citrus Sunday Shave, but now I'm inspired to shake up the Barbasol can! Got some discontinued Pacific Rush AS by the same company, too. Menthol Monday is coming early this week.

jtspartan, Jim99, PLAla and 1 other person like this.
  6. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Would you believe that the Greek shaving forum has a section on electric razors? I never posted in it, but it does exist.

Jim99 and Edison Carter like this.
  7. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Used an electric for years after I found my secret ......
    81B+8DxuQaL._SL1500_.jpg
    Talc and paraffin. Makes the electric chopper glide.

Probably something I'll share if we decide to start an electric thread here too.

I figure that everyone wants a comfortable shave.

RyX and Jim99 like this.
  8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Amazing how many long time drivers hit curbs and can't park eh?

9. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I’m just in awe that The Shave Den was mentioned. It’s our 15 minutes of fame!

:signs021:

10. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

First time I ever used a Pain Stick was with Barbasol.

I advise newbies to use Barbasol for learning DE.

Barbasol is awesome with shavettes.

Come to the Dark Side. We have cookies, Armor All Matte Finish; and additionally we are icy cartel gangsters with hearts of gold.

11. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I think it is great that The Shave Den got a shout out on a global business website. I do wonder if that article and the one noted by Bookworm aren't product placement and advertising as much as anything else. The Internet forums generally strongly favor shaving soaps and non-canned shaving creams over canned foams and gels, so it is surprising that a forum was cited in support of canned foam. Kiss My Face did not make the list? No Mitchell's Wool Fat or Tabac? And no artisan soaps? I would have thought that Stirling deserved at least a brief mention.

BTW - Thanks for posting that link. Hopefully the Business Week article will lead some folks here.

RaZorBurn123 and Edison Carter like this.