TSD Shave Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Damon, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Nope the water is just fine.

Raf

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Guess everybody else's water just works better then. :)

3. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

You can dislike something without it having anything to do with the water.

4. Queen of Blades

True, but 3 guys (Mike, Raf, and Austin) in Austin, TX don't like the soap, but most everyone else does like the soap. :confused:

5. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

I don't think it's my water.. I'm just picky.

There's a lot of soaps I don't like. I pretty much don't like any glycerin soaps, be it Mama Bear, Conk, QED, TSD, etc. I'm certainly not trying to pick on you in particular. Sorry if I came accross that way.

6. Queen of Blades

That seems like an important thing to point out; You don't like glycerin soap. Puts things in perspective.

Thank you, Mike.

7. Padron

Padron Active Member

Well, it must be one of those YMMV things..

TSD soaps work quite well for me too :happy005, so much so.....I sold my Trumper's and Penhaligon's soaps and kept the better performing TSD soaps ;)

It was a win / win situation for me....better soaps at a fraction of the cost and the scents are much better too :cool:

YMMV

8. Damon

Damon Member

I agree that we like to try different types of soap, thats half the fun. Hell I have some TGQ, SCS, C&E and Van Der Hagan they all work great as far as lather and the shave, and I rotate them in. But the TSD soaps have a good match to my skin type it leaves my face more vibrant and moisturized and the price is defiantly right. I actually get complements on how healthy my skin looks. I cant see paying more for extravagant soap to just watch it go down the drain, thats money that goes in the gas tank.

9. Hi Mike,
    You know, I enjoy reading your posts, and consider you knowledgeable regarding many shaving subjects. You helped me understand the Method system a lot better, although I still don't get the attraction. Hehe, I also know you take your shaving tools seriously, and have a very nicely stocked arsenal. Yeah, I've seen some of your pics. Not only that, I've seen your reviews on certain items, so I have a reference point as to our same likes and dislikes. I came to the conclusion quite a while ago that we have different tastes in lots of things. That's not to say just one of us is right....we both are. I DO know that we're gonna differ on what we prefer, but the goal of an enjoyable shave is achieved no matter what road we take, and that's the main thing. Let me mention I am a picky person myself.........what an ex girl friend would call a "Ditzy Pritzel" (first time I ever heard that expression).
    Now, having some background to rely on, I knew you didn't care for glycerin based soaps....much preferring the more traditional ones. Also, I know that some of the soaps like TSD, TGQ, HBS, Mamabear, and QED work fine for me, although some perform better than others. Therefore, I take your review with a grain of salt. Same thing with scents..........you and I have different noses........heh. It's funny, because Michael (Leisureguy) will often have ideas or reviews I find to be just the opposite. His thoughts on blades or fragrances are often at odds with my own, and by now I know the deal. Hehe, I've tried a few things he liked and..........they weren't for me. That's certainly not to say I don't respect his shaving expertise, but only that we have different likes.
    So, the extra little explanation you put in your post was really helpful. New members will often take things at face value, and explaining why you feel that way gives a better reference point. Long as they know you don't care for that type of soap in general will let em know it's not just one product. That was really smart of you to include that.
    Oh..........if I may tease you just a bit: Whenever you review a lime shaving soap or cream, always mention you think Castle Forbes smells like Pine Sol and would never use it. That'll give the other readers a better idea of how your nose works..........hehe.
    Anyway Mike, I know your posts are meant to help, and they certainly do. If I ever want to get hooked up with Charles at Enchante, I know who to ask.......heh.
    Martin