TSD Soaps Request for Intel

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by 1OldGI, Aug 25, 2009.

1. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

So lately I've been toying with the concept of "stacks" which is basically a combination of soap, AS and Cologne or EDT. I've come up with some good ones based on stuff I have available in the shave cave but it occurred to me the other day that stacks could be put together by using the same type of soap, AS (splash or milk) and cologne purchased from TSD. With fall on the way, I first started looking at the following stack:

Blue Juniper soap, milk and cologne- Anyone have any comments or experience with these products?

I was also quite intrigued by the peach shaving soap and was wondering what milk and cologne would be good to pair with it. Would peach straight across work well?

In like manner, what would you recommend for a rose stack (i.e. soap, milk, cologne)?

2. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Don't know about a good rose "stack", but here's my favorite scent series:
    MWF, TSD Bergamot, T&H 1805
    Another good one:
    Sandalwood Soap/Cream, Lime A/S, Aqua Di Gio
    I'd really like to have good matching products from my Speick Stick. I think going all Speick would be too strong for me, but I'm really not sure where to go with it. My only decent thought would be a citrus A/S and Woody cologne. I can figure out a good A/S, but I'm fairly new to colognes and I haven't found a good matching woody cologne yet.

3. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I haven't stacked it, but the blue juniper is a really nice scent, and would be spectacular for fall.

4. freddy88

freddy88 Member

If you're thinking peach straight across, instead of an ASB what about Thayers peach WH? It has aloe vera in it (but also alcohol).

5. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

Blue Juniper - SC + AS Splash= :)
    Minted Sage - SC + Sage AS Splash or Milk=:)
    Sage- SC + AS Splash or Milk= :)
    :):):)=:D