Under the Nose with an SE

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by castrobabble, Feb 26, 2014.

1. castrobabble

castrobabble Member

Thanks to many of you, I was compelled to try SEs. It started out pretty rough, but by my 4th attempt
    I had a pretty good shave, but I need some help with under the nose and along the jawline. I have no problems when using DEs in these areas, but I'm finding it difficult to traverse those areas due to the size of the SE head, in this case a Damaskeene.

Suggestions?

2. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

I use diagonal motions and xtg coming from each side. tucking in your lips in your mouth helps.

3. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Or go ATG. Okay, you might lose your nose, but, boy, will your upper lip be smooth! :D

CyanideMetal likes this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Use a DE in those spots. Nothing to be ashamed of - just using a tool that works for you to get the job done.

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I use side to side strokes under my nose which amounts to sort of diagonal on the grain.

6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

The original GEM literature advises doing right to left and left to right under the nose. WTG can be partially done also.

See this really awesome thread that some really great guy put together. ;)

macaronus likes this.
  7. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

[quote="richgem, post: 646767, member: 7841"See this really awesome thread that some really great guy put together. ;)[/quote]
    Never heard of him. How did you find him? :D

fram773 likes this.
  8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

My two shaves with my OCMM have resulted in probably THE smoothest under-the-nose shave I've had - and with less effort - compared to my DE razors.
    For some reason it's very efficient there using XTG passes.

macaronus likes this.
  9. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Never heard of him. How did you find him? :D[/quote]
    Google of couse. ;)