Using Both Edges of the Blade.

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Wayne1959, Mar 17, 2014.

1. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

What I meant is does anyone do half a side then the other then go back and forth? I know that sound scrazy but I stopped doing that.

2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I pay little attention to whether I'm neglecting one side of the blade or the other. A new blade is in use every third DE shave so I'm really not terribly concerned as to whether I am equitable in my attentions to either blade side.
    ;)

3. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

I do lol

4. J_Man

J_Man right on the Mass border

After 20yrs I still sometimes find myself only using one side and then rinsing instead of flipping it over.

5. theunnamed

theunnamed Well-Known Member

I generally used a blade one time and don't care which edge I'm using. No need to be economical on the blade.

6. Pop Pops Razor

Pop Pops Razor Active Member

Yep, definitely!

7. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

My shave good like this. I shave my cheeks first flipping the razor when I am done the first cheek. I rinse and flip the razor and then then do the area under my lip to my chin. I sport a moustache so at that time I rinse and go to work on my neck flipping the razor after each pass and rinsing after two passes. This process is then repeated twice more for the XTG and GTX passes. The last pass is ATG, and I start at the bottom of my neck and shave half way and flip the razor and continue to the bottom of my chin. Rinse and do each cheek flipping the razor when one cheek is fine and rinsing after the second cheek is finished. I then work on the chin to the lip and do touchups flipping and rinsing as needed. YMMV