Variant vs Rockwel 6s

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Tylervanstone, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Tylervanstone

Tylervanstone Active Member

if I may ask which razor is more mild? Variant or 6s I like a mild shave I was thinking about getting a 6s is it better then the Variant? please any help would be nice Thanks God bless

2. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Either will work fine. Question is would you prefer to twist and dial in your specific setting with the Variant, or adjust your blade gap by taking your base plate off and installing another. Both will give a good shave, though the Variant is the more aggressive razor, but still very smooth.

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

:signs011: If you want an affordable mild yet efficient razor try a Gillette Flare Tip.

BambulanceMan and Douglas Carey like this.
  4. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

No dog in this fight. But may I suggest mastering one razor before thinking about another. Just my .02.

5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

To be honest, you can't really compare the 2. Each are completely different in feel, build, and how to use. i don't have the 6s but i do own a variant and I can tell you that the variant is a good razor buuuut, the lower setting can still feel a little more aggressive than some mild razors. There is a little caveat to it as well. The ends of the safety bar are opened, and it can at times catch and will nic you. If you want an adjustable razor that gives a mild to aggressive shave and don't want to spend a lot of money, I would recommend the Gillette Slim or fatboy. The slim is the least expensive of the 2 and gives a great shave.

BambulanceMan and Douglas Carey like this.