Vikings Swords Razor Blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by bzero007, Mar 31, 2014.

1. bzero007

bzero007 Active Member

I received a ten pack of these blades and requested them due to hearing praises for them. I have used two blades and I have to say they are very easy to cause razor burn and ect. I used the blades in my Mission and Black Beauty but met the same results. Im use to Persona Blues with my vintage open comb, 89, and others making big and fast pulls with nothing but a perfect shave. I get the same results with feathers Voskhod and a couple others. Tomorrow morning I plan to give them a try in either my open comb or my D89, opposites hehe. But for shaving style I plan to use very short pulls and slow down.

For people who have success with this blade what are your steps and equipment?

Thanks

2. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I use them from time to time without problems. I find them to be a forgiving blade that works well in any of my razors with no changes to my prep or technique.

Perhaps because these are a mild blade the you may be exerting some pressure? That would certainly cause razor burn and other problems. And perhaps it's a case of YMMV. Some blades just don't work well for some folks.

3. bzero007

bzero007 Active Member

Yea today I gave it another to in the same razor the mission and this time I applied barely any pressure and came away with a pretty decent shave. Funny how much your shaving style is effected by even just a blade.