vintage blades.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Mar 24, 2018.

1. brit

brit in a box

hello fello shavers. i am starting to collect vintage blades. i love some of the artwork.will probably mount them in a picture frame for the shave den.anyone else collect them.just curious,gary 20180323_221533.jpg

Jayaruh, gorgo2, Ron R and 5 others like this.
  2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I’ve picked up quite a few wrapped vintage blades. I would love to display them, but never gotten to it. The artwork on some of these are phenomenal!

brit and TestDepth like this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Not mine, but one of my favorites I've seen ...
    s-l1600-10.jpg
    Has everything a man likes sports, women and dogs.

By the way I'll poke around my stuff and see if I have any you may like. :)

4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I like looking at them, put them in the glass case and hang them in the shaving den bathroom possibly!

Jim99, brit and Enrico like this.
  5. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

Love vintage blade art, I got a tuck of sears roebuck blades recently, I don' use them... only vintage I use are injector blades from the 70s, 80s, 90s....
    I also use Schick plus platinum DE bladed from late 70s to 80s, those are feather sharp!

6. jar

jar Well-Known Member

Most razor blades from the 60s on should still be fine. I've used blades made considerably earlier and there it can be hit or miss; but the hits are absolutely amazing.

gorgo2 likes this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I like the look of the Don Juans. I have a couple.
    donjuan.jpg

8. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I keep wondering who the company (or companies) was that made the various custom wrappers and blades - and if their equipment is still around.