Vintage Wilkinson Sword blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by HoosierTrooper, Jul 18, 2011.

1. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Found this box of vintage made in England Wilkinson Sword Master blades today at an antique store for $5. There are 10 of the original 12 packages still in the box, including a couple that have been chewed on by a mouse at some time. I hope these work as well as the 45 WS made in England Super Sword blades I found a year or so ago for $2, which are my favorite DE blades.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gorgo2 likes this.
  2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Awesome find.

I love finding vintage WS blades. Some I found (Super Sword Edge) were fantastic and I was able to pull over 10 shaves per blade in my red tip. Others were not so hot. Overall, I think the vintage British WS blades are my all time favorite vintage blade.

Either way, that's a great price for them.

Congrats.

3. ridgerunner

ridgerunner Active Member

Congratulations on finding the blades. Hope to hear how they work for you.

4. HoosierTrooper

Thanks, and I agree the English WS are my favorites. Here's the ones I found a year or so ago.

[​IMG]

gorgo2 likes this.
  5. newb

newb Resident Newb

Nice score again, Tom.

6. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

Your latest find has me intrigued. I haven't seen that Wilky before. Curious to here your impressions of the shave quality.

7. Old Man Army

Old Man Army Member

Thanks Tom, now I have another shave-related item to look for and collect. My wife will be so thrilled!

8. HoosierTrooper

I'll probably try one towards the end of the week and let you know.

That's what I'm here for.:D

9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Can't beat that price anywhere!!!

10. HoosierTrooper

I used one of these yesterday in a Single Ring and this morning in a Red Tip. They are sharp, smooth and very comfortable blades, pretty much identical to the other made in England Wilkinson Sword blades.

11. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

If anybody ever comes up with some of these from the 1960s, I sure could use a pack to replace the ones missing from my Wilkinson Sword "sticky" DE razor set. These are the ones that came with the "Sticky" and my set has shipper box, case, razor and instructions but missing these blades:

Attached Files:

12. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I was moving some things around in my closet yesterday and I found a small razor in its case I bought on eBay for $5:00 about a year ago. Inside were five Wilkinson Sword blades made in England. I never tried a WS before. I popped one in and I was pleasantly surprised. I got a great shave that was more forgiving than my usual Astras. I'm considering trying some of the German-made WS's but from what I've read online, the vintage blades were better than what's available now.

Robyflexx likes this.
  13. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

The vintage Wilkinson Sword Super Sword blades are some of my favorites. I buy them every time I can find them for a good price. In my opinion, they are better than the Personna 74's, and Gillette Spoilers. I've been told, by several, that the vintage Wilkinson Sword Light Brigades are even better.

Spud likes this.