Weber DLC - First Impressions

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jeraldgordon, May 22, 2012.

1. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

"Well sure, honey, if Lindy said, then do what you have to do!"

2. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

I was just out looking on Weber's web site and they have the ARC Razor back in stock.

[​IMG]

jeraldgordon likes this.
  3. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

Uh oh, DLP, why did you say anything?

From Weber's Twitter feed:
    "ARC bulldogs listed on our Amazon store. DLC bulldogs in about a week. Improved classic handles in about 2 weeks."

What to do...

4. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Just trying to inform. how you use the information is entirely up to you. ;)

jeraldgordon and Smott like this.
  5. Irishdude

Irishdude New Member

Hi, I'm new here. This is a great and very information website. I plan on purchasing both the Weber ARC and DLC razors with bulldog handle when they come back in stock. For those of you who have one of these fine razors are you still loving it as much now as when you first used it? The Weber razor will last a lifetime + but I wonder how long both the ARC and DLC coatings are expected to last? Is there any warranty/guarantee offered? Thanks!

6. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

The Weber razors are a part of my razor rotation and I don't see any reason for that to change.

7. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

I still love the Webers, though for the last two months I've been shaving with straights. Straights have a steep learning curve, so I finish up with the Weber.

8. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

As for me (the originator of the thread), the Weber is the be-all and end-all for me. I cast a nostalgic glance over my vintage Gillettes and Gems from time to time, but I just seem to keep reaching for the the Weber!

As for you, Steve - you are a moderator now! You have certain responsibilities... - why don't you have a Weber yet??? Go forth and Weber, man! (it's a noun and a verb!)

178-bplatoon likes this.
  9. Irishdude

Irishdude New Member

Anyone have any problems with the ARC and/or DLC coatings? Are these coatings expected to last the life of the razor or do you think they may need to be re-coated down the road? Thanks.

10. lindyhopper66

I've never had a problem with the coatings. I prefer the ARC. It feels slicker and looks sleeker. I can't imagine the coatings ever needing redoing, but am no expert on that.

11. Irishdude

Irishdude New Member

Thank you kindly everyone for your responses...really appreciate it! Unfortunately haven't seen any videos of anyone using this razor. Sure would be great to see this razor in action. Only video on yt is of someone demonstrating the supposed looseness of the handle while threading it onto the head.

12. lindyhopper66

Yeah, I thought that wobbly handle video a bit much. Intuitive shave. Nothing to it.

13. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

OK, I know I am bumping an OLD thread. Maybe there is a better thread for this, but I am short on time (lunch is almost over) and don't have time to look though every Weber DLC thread.

However, I have been using the Weber DLC with Bulldog handle as almost my ONLY razor for about 3 years. The only time I use something else is after I look at my horde of razors and feel guilty for not using something else. After about a week of trying a slant, tech, Weishi, iKon, Merkur, etc... I go back to the Weber. I don't know why, but this razor ended my constant purchasing of razors.

I don't know if it will work for you, but it works for me. It makes me happy. I am happy with my shaves. What else matters? - we shave this way partly to pamper ourselves, and of the scores of razors I have used, this one is my choice.

14. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Unfortunately Weber has stopped manufacturing heads and is strictly in the handle business now. Fortunately I got one of their polished head models before they quit making them. It's one of my absolute favorite razors.

15. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

It is a shame that they aren't making heads any more. I should have purchased a second one when I had the chance. Oh well, even if they aren't made currently, there are some out there. It will just be a matter of finding them like that grail birth year fatboy (and no.. I don't have a birth year fatboy as they weren't made in my birth year)

16. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I've had and used my Weber DLC for years now, it and a Gillette "NEW" LCOC were the only razors I would use. Then I got the opportunity to buy a "Stahly Live Blade" the handle doesn't work but the shave head is stellar!! It's replaced my Weber DLC.:happy088:

17. jeraldgordon

Could I buy the Weber back then???

18. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Sorry @jeraldgordon, while I am now liking the Stahly more, I don't think I'll ever part with the Weber. Its just too good a safety razor and it now has memories and meaning to me. I'll always remember you for one thing.:)

jeraldgordon likes this.
  19. jeraldgordon

"At least we'll always have the Weber..."

178-bplatoon likes this.