What are Your Winter Scents

Discussion in 'Scents' started by damnitgoose, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

I never would have tough that I picked my scents based on the upstate NY until I just came across this thread. Of course I onow you use fragrances according to season. I thought of you earlier as I reached for my Lime de Sec, and then put it down, thinking of the raw damp day outside. I opted to Special Reserve. And the Clubman and humidity experience...I distinctly remember a similar one with the same this past summer. Geez, Paul, you might end up organizing my den a little bit more...by season. Then I'll really get confused! Amyyyyyyyy!!! 346x0f4.jpg

Paul Turner likes this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanks.....will take me a while to go through the Maxwell 23 Tribute, but I'm going to try to put it to good use this winter.

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Is the pheasant the only one it comes in?

4. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

No. It comes in quite a few. I would just ship you mine, but they can be found so cheaply...it isn't even worth the postage. Estate sales, garage sales, thrift stores, and eBay are your best bets. Heck...they go crazy cheap on eBay all the time.

Paul Turner likes this.
  5. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

I just received a pheasant container of Leather from the bay (great price, as noted above) and have it T'd up with Tabac soap for Monday's shave. EXCITED! :happy108:

With colder weather setting in here in MN I'm breaking out the Proraso Red and Old Spice combo, too.

gorgo2 and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  6. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

I am pretty frugal(cheap) so my winter scents are Avon Oland , Avon Clint,Avon Leather,Clubman Special Reserve,English Leather, basically the "darker" "heavier"ends of the scent spectrum and by dark I don't mean the damned Tonka bean that every perfumer seems to load into their "dark" variations of their primary product.

7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Avon Leather
    Clubman special reserves
    Tabac
    Avon Oland
    Avon Deep Woods
    Pinaud Clubman
    Avon Wild Country
    AV Musk

Paul Turner likes this.
  8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I must be weird. I use the same stuff year around.

Sara-s likes this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Not weird ... sometimes I use my lime and citrus sent and wish it were summer. :D Now I'm weird.

My summer sent and winter scents don't vary a lot.

10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

And truth be told we do not get much winter in South Louisiana anyway.

11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Come visit western NY now and you'll see why you want winter scents warm you up. :D

Paul Turner likes this.
  12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Send me a plane ticket. I will come help split wood and snowplow!

Enrico likes this.
  13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Guess that makes me weird, too.
    I don't "seasonalize" scents.

EnglishChannel likes this.
  14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

@wchnu
    Guess we're not alone

EnglishChannel likes this.
  15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yup. looks like we are in good company.

swarden43 likes this.
  16. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I think it's more this, but weather affects my moods and tends to draw me to different scents based on that. Nothing is off limits during any season. But I relate memories and moods very strongly to scents so I'm just more likely to be in the mood or to relate certain times to certain fragrances.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Paul Turner and Keithmax like this.
  17. Maximumsmoke

Maximumsmoke Active Member

In the winter up north here in MN, I might use about anything, and I tend to stay away from my Proraso Green, Ice Blue Aqua Velva, Floid Mentolado Vigoroso, Fine Snakebite, etc. Yes, I am a menthol freak! In the winter, I tend to use warmer smelling stuff like Old Spice (from India or the U.S.), Pinaud Clubman, and various bay rums, spiced and non-spiced, particularly one I make myself -- a spiced one I make from The Kraken dark rum, 190 proof Everclear, witch hazel, lots of pimenta racemosa essential oil, all spice, cinnamon, cloves, black peppercorns and lime or orange peel -- not grated zest, but the whole fresh peel, from which I first squeeze the oil into the aftershave concoction. I do love menthol all year around, so I mentholate my homebrew bay rum. I make about a good strong pint of this at a time. I started making this stuff last year, and I'm about half through my second batch. This will probably be my last whole winter in MN, but I still use my winter favorites all year long. However, the mix is more balanced with the aforementioned spring/summer stuff.

Cheers!
    Tony

Keithmax likes this.
  18. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I have only one cologne. Knize Ten. I dig it.

Scent by season is a popular thing and I do tend to use more menthol in the warmer months along with lime scented products.

Keithmax likes this.
  19. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I’m wearing Knize Ten today, I dig it too.

Kilgore Trout likes this.