What Is The Biggest Shaving Problem You're Struggling With Right Now?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by mantic, Dec 12, 2013.

1. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I usually use my Weber 3pc.85mm W/Classic Handle or my 1968 Gillette Knack TTO/DE I have so many Generic Blades from CVS Drug Store and Raley's Grocery Store, that I am trying to deplete my supply. I also have several donor packages of razor blades. I like Wilkinson Sword Blades, Haven't used many of the Wilkinson Blades in years. I also use the Astra SP/DE Blades, I think that I may have 3 or 4 more blades. I got a pacakge of them with my my Weber, and some one sent me another box of 5 when I got a Razor off e-Bay.
    I some times develop a rash or razor burn on my lower neck, when that happens I usually do another pass on my lower neck with a disposable Schick Extreme 3 Razor.
    To help stop the razor burn I apply some "Nivea After Shave Balm" or one of the many Avon Aftershave Balms that I have.

2. nsomnac

nsomnac Active Member

Kevin,

Now that just makes me recall some "your momma is so hairy..." jokes from my childhood. That beard is just a freak of nature, yes it is!

HolyRollah and PatrickA51 like this.
  3. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

I sometimes have difficulty getting the back of my head BBS. I have found that tilting my head forward (resting y chin on my chest) helps greatly but for some reason I nearly always forget to do that lol

gwsmallwood likes this.
  4. nodakjohns

nodakjohns New Member

My biggest problem is my chin while shaving and nicking myself. I've only shaved with a SR about 6 times now but I will get better

5. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

I'm getting my neck so so. Still rough patches... I am about to just accept it. -.-

6. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

I have trouble with my jowls, buffing helps if I don't overdo it. Also my shaving AD gets riled up when I login to this site.

7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Not enough razors.

gwsmallwood and wristwatchb like this.
  8. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Not stopping after 2 passes. A perfectly smooth shave is not worth the irritation.

Radiotube, NewellVW and gwsmallwood like this.
  9. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

getting straights shave ready.
    finding inspiration on what to use.
    pairing soaps/ cremes with complementary after shaves.

NewellVW likes this.
  10. Aussierazor

Aussierazor Member

I'm having trouble getting a close shave on my chin in fear of carving it up...above the lip also gives me problems

11. mantic

mantic U TOOB

I'm actually working on a lip video right now. :)

Jasman and Aussierazor like this.
  12. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

Grain direction on my neck. It goes everywhere!

13. razrmnky

razrmnky Active Member

A) building a good lather from different types of soaps and creams.
    B) convincing the GF that my shave supplies don't need to be tucked away in a cabinet.

14. TonyD

TonyD New Member

Shaving under my neck without redness and irritation. Coarse hair with sensitive skin makes even XTG difficult. Blade recommendations? I have a Merkur 34c

15. SmurfK

SmurfK Member

My biggest problem is getting my hair to grow faster, so i'll be able to shave two times a day. Got a great run since i got my Merkur HD. Not a single cut or irritation, a real pleasure.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    troy_gies likes this.
  16. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Excellent. I tend to find the angle by 'rolling from horizontal,' which is tricky at best in the mustache area.

17. FrankD

FrankD New Member

I shave with a straight and my biggest problem is that I can't get a closer shave than I would get with a de on day 3.

18. TwinsDad-99

TwinsDad-99 New Member

I lose my angle going ATG (south to north) under my chin. Right where it begins to transition from "under" to "chin"

19. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I'm in a Catch-22 presently. Every year when the weather warms up and gets humid, I suffer from irritation on my neck from stubble abrasion. Chase the baby? Irritation. Leave after second pass? Abrasion.

Dang it.

20. Cap7597

Cap7597 Well-Known Member

My biggest problem has been shaving against the grain in my upper lip. Always get irritation.