What is the newest?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Marine68, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Come on, Man. Everyone knows unicorn mane hair is best.

jeraldgordon likes this.
  2. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

No opinion. I've used Fatip, Weishi, Nanjie, Remei, and a few others, but none of them are of the high quality material and finish brands. To me, they'd all be Fiktivs with unicorn hair. Man... the money you'd have to spend to compare all of the various stainless razors alone.

danbuter and jeraldgordon like this.
  3. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

If you're not throwing money at Titanium you're so 2016.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

jeraldgordon and Bama Samurai like this.
  4. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Zebra mane is the stuff of legend!

[​IMG]

cliffb599 and jeraldgordon like this.
  5. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Oh, man! I want one! 24mm with a 50mm loft! Where do I get it????!

TobyC likes this.
  6. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

The zoo?

Actually, there are exotic animal ranches in Texas and New Mexico - you might contact one to see if they'd give you some?

jeraldgordon likes this.
  7. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

I want a 26mm with a 52mm loft! I think they're "do it yourself" only, unfortunately.

jeraldgordon likes this.
  8. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Send the check to....

PickledNorthern likes this.
  9. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

There are no magic razors. Find one you like and learn to use it. You will enjoy fantastic shaves.

If you want a new razor, find one you like and get it.

10. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

As I'm sure you have figured out you question should be what razor is the "BEST " for your face, beard and technique.
    This is a very difficult question that requires much experimentation and absolutely the only person who can actually answer that question is you. The style of razor, what material its made of, how many blades it uses, whether it's DE, SE, Injector, Straight or even cartridge makes absolutely NO difference as long as what you pick works for you. This includes all aspects/materials of razors and blades, shaving technique, hot, warm or cold water use, soap/ croap /cream or even canned goo, pre/post shave usage, after shave, EVERYTHING is only as good as it works for you. No matter what any single person or EXTREMELY large group of shavers say if what you do "WORKS" for you then it is simply the "BEST" there is for you!
    At least until you find a razor, blade, technique, etc that you enjoy more or that works better for you. :happy108:
    It's a slippery slope and what makes this a fun, interesting hobby!

11. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

What he said.

Marine68 likes this.
  12. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

You asked for it by leaving the perimeters wild open. You can't expect people to follow standards if they aren't stated.

And if you poke your eye out it will make it more difficult to shave.

But really all factors aside I'm really liking the offerings from Timeless. But I can't afford one in my Budget at this time...

jeraldgordon and Marine68 like this.
  13. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

No one mentioned the new Paradigm Ti II DE. Pricey but IMHO, probably the best among the new offerings. It ain't cheap though.
    I don't have it, but I have the 17-4 which is the same head made out of 17-4 SS instead of titanium.

Marine68 likes this.
  14. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

For that price I better get a hand if you know what I mean LOL

15. pbrmhl

pbrmhl Well-Known Member

The 17-4 would get my vote, but it's not made anymore. A tremendously efficient, yet mild, razor.

Marine68 likes this.