What makes a razor "aggressive" or "mild"

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by RzB, Oct 19, 2010.

1. aberneth

aberneth Member

Math is my language :D

Some day, I'm going to get my undergraduate research group to do a tangent project involving shaving physics. They're going to love it :happy102

2. Sydney Guy

Sydney Guy Member

Off topic I know but I just gotta ask.

Alexey, if there aren't a lot of wetshavers in Russia what are they all shaving with and who does ZAO Petersburg Products sell all those millions of DE Iridium, Astra, Sputnik etc blades to? Surely not just us shavegeeks on TSD and B&B etc - we'd only amount to an hour's production a year, if that.

3. geogaga

geogaga Member

Hi! P&G factory in St. Petersburg does make those blades, but not for Russia and nearby countries. They all go straight to UK and Turkey. You can not even buy those blades directly from them. They send you to their direct distributors and for them it is nothing. They make money from modern shaving systems with a whole bunch of other P&G products. People mostly shave with million-blade cartridges and electrics. But there are a separate group of people that shave the traditional way.

4. geogaga

geogaga Member

Oh, and Russians just get Gillette Rubie and Sputnik, which are not freely available to UK and Turkey :) Target markets are divided.

5. aberneth

aberneth Member

How do you think people in the developing world shave? Certainly not with a fusion. DE shaving is quite common in India and southeast Asia, as well as parts of the African continent.

6. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

With obsidian blades of course!

:D

7. saturnine

saturnine Member

And just look at all the progress our fully developed nation has made in the realm of shaving...

8. aberneth

aberneth Member

I know, right? Shaving may be the pitfall of western capitalism. That's right. Gillette caused the financial crisis of 2008. You heard me.

9. geogaga

geogaga Member

:signs108

10. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I am thinking that you may either be from Florida, or spent some time here?

I have been all around the world and the only place that I have heard "I Know Right" is in Florida....