What remains when the man is gone? His razors!

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by HUF, Mar 23, 2017.

1. HUF

HUF Active Member

I was visiting Washington Lee University in Lexington, VA and saw these razors in the chapel-museum.
    The university was named after George Washington and general Robert Lee. Here are their razors.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Paul76, JohnDB, RyX and 12 others like this.
  2. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Very cool - there doesn't appear to be a tail on that razor - love the kit. :happy036:

Billyfergie, twhite and Spyder like this.
  3. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Very cool. Most of us own razors that old. I often wonder where they've been, who owned them, and the stories behind them.

JohnDB, preidy, Billyfergie and 3 others like this.
  4. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

5. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I too have those wonders especially when using my Old Types. For example my 1904 was made before my grandpa was born in 06. That's means that the maker and first owner were born in the late 1800's. Neat! When I buy very old razors (old types) I always ask the seller if they know any history about the razor. I've not had any luck in the past but I have a Single Ring coming (1908) from the UK and the owner told me that it was purchased by their hubby from a antique shop in London 30 years ago just because it "was neat". Not used since then.

Spyder, mrchick and JohnDB like this.
  6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Old Stubby

Spyder and Karl G like this.
  7. The Fox

The Fox Well-Known Member

If I get run over by a train tomorrow, my family would probably sell off my razors at a yard sale for a buck a piece, having no clue that some cost a few hundred dollars.

Spyder and Karl G like this.
  8. Crowne & Crane

Crowne & Crane Well-Known Member

What a great piece of shaving history.

Karl G likes this.
  9. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

That's really a really interesting piece of history. Looks great

Karl G likes this.