What to expect...

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by fairlite, Jan 23, 2008.

1. fairlite

fairlite New Member

Hi all,

It has been awhile since I have been able to chat around here. The new year at work has been super busy and my little one is demanding more time from the wife and I so my forum time has been non existant. :)

Any hoo,

I have yet to use any of the Shaving Soaps I have purchased since I started this journey in December. I am happy to say my technique is getting much better, I rarely if ever nic myself, I do get irritation on ocassion but that is still due to refining the technique and sometimes over doing it. I currently use Taylor of Old Bond Street Hypo-Allergenic Shaving Cream or Proraso (Green Tube) Cream. What can I expect or what will be different about the shaves when I venture in to my soaps. I have Classic Shaving Citrus Spice soap, TSD Vetiver Soap and Mama Bear's Aged Spice.

Will the shaving be vastly different, about the same or somewhere in between.

Well I have to run, I did a bad and posted this from work so I have to getback to the grind. Thanks for reading and I am looking forward to the responses.

Pete

2. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Hey Pete, good to see you :D

Out of the lot you have yet to try, all are good choices (especially TSD soap, one of my favorites ;))

If I were you, I would expect a great shave out of it. I will say that its quite unique for a home-made shave soap. Its damn near as hard as a triple-milled soap, and it really enjoys water. So be sure to swirl a little more than usual, and possibly even use more water.

In addition, the contained clay will help protect your skin from the blade.

Enjoy ::

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I believe he is asking about the difference between using a shaving cream and a shaving soap, Joe. :rolleyes:

But thanks for the plug. Check's in the mail. :p

Pete, it's sort of a hard question to answer for you. Something you might have to answer for yourself.

Soaps offer more slickness and creams offer more protection is the general line of thinking. But not everyone feels that way.

Gee, I feel all helpful now. :ashamed001