What you might not know about The Shave Den

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Dridecker, Apr 22, 2010.

1. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone that keep TSD running

Queen of Blades and newb like this.
  2. Howard

Howard Active Member

Joanna, don't know if this would help or not but if you held a fund raising auction for members of the site, I'd put up a TPE Razor to help the effort. I'll even hone it out to 30,000 grit on the Shaptons.

Queen of Blades likes this.
  3. Malaska

Malaska New Member

Wow, that's great! I can't believe she donates all her time for free just to help this board keep running. Even though I'm new, I really appreciate it!

4. stitch

stitch New Member

Thanks for this forum. I have only been a member for a few hours and already love it

5. Richmondesi

Richmondesi Active Member

Clicked on a link in swarden43's signature. Very interesting thread.

6. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Thank you from me as well.

7. PadreTex

PadreTex Well-Known Member

Many thanks to Sparky, JoAnna especially; and to all of the moderators for giving us such a good forum to share and enjoy. "May God bless you too much!"

8. JayPo007

JayPo007 Well-Known Member

Many thank yous from me also. I will spread the word for sure. I will be ordering some shave soap soon as well.

Queen of Blades and Ryan B like this.
  9. Fishsticks87

Fishsticks87 Member

One of the many awesome things about The Shave Den is it's advertisement free!:happy036:
    Thank you for all the hard work that is put into this site and the store.

10. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

There is no BS with TSD, that's what I like about it. Basically, if you act like a civilized person and be nice, you'll be just fine. No politics or anything like that. PERFECTO!
    Edit: How could I forget the thank you? Thank you to all of my worldwide family on here for being cool, kind, generous, and just downright awesome!

Queen of Blades, Abu_Lam'yaa and newb like this.
  11. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:happy096: Dridecker for making this :signs097:!!
    As a relative (Nubee) here (I've only been a member since August)who has already managed to make some screwups. I'd like to say :signs107: to "sparky" and "JoAnna" for all their help in not only fixing "MY" mistakes :signs001: , but also for all the work THEY and the other "mods." do to keep this place going! This is a "GREAT" place and I hope to not only continue to enjoy TSD for a long time, but also to contribute in some way to it in the future. So THANK YOU "sparky" and "JoAnna" for all of your efforts and for allowing me to be a part of this "WONDERFUL" forum!!!
    :wave: :wave: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :happy093::wave::wave:

Queen of Blades and Gairdner like this.
  12. Gairdner

Gairdner Well-Known Member

I thought this type of generosity, care and plain old-fashioned goodness died a long time ago. Its never felt so good to be wrong so hat's off big time and I gotta say I agree with stingraysrock about the format of this place - ain't nothing like it. Have some love from Scotland :love029:.

swarden43 and Queen of Blades like this.
  13. newb

newb Resident Newb

So let me get this right, the TSD store supports TSD forums. TSD wheat cream is one of the best creams I've ever used. TSD Lanolin soap is one of the slickest soaps I've ever used and it's way easier to get it to lather than MWF. The glycerin soaps are good and the scents are awesome. Plus menthol can be added to your soaps to get the freeze you desire. Why the heck would anyone not shop the TSD store ? Great soaps, Great cream, Great scents and supporting the best shave forum around. What more would a wet shaver want ?

14. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I just wanted to day that I really appreciate this forum here and that supporting the store is awesome because of how much customization is available, all the different scents, levels of menthols, great soaps and creams, just awesome.

ohpaos and Queen of Blades like this.
  15. David Tyler

David Tyler New Member

Thank you, no adds is awesome! This place just keeps getting better!

16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I use Chrome for a browser and Ad Blocker to block ads, so I don't notice the no ads aspect of TSD. I am more impressed with the content. And thanks to you JoAnna, Sparky, and all the moderators for your selfless work.

Queen of Blades, ohpaos and swarden43 like this.
  17. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Sparky and JoAnna-I run a hunting message board out of my own pocket. I know what it takes and all the hard work involved.

Thanks for great site!!

Bob

18. Peter Cupitt

Peter Cupitt robe-wearing whale shaver

I have seen a few Forums in my time and I have been a member of various forums, Clubs, Communities, BBS, Chat Rooms, IRC groups, etc and I can say without fear of retribution, that this forum is the most friendly, helpful and dare i say it, Well Run places for people to get together and discuss (and learn) many things while being social. There seems to be NO "Flame Wars" among people from all over the globe. You don't see THAT every day, anywhere else !!!!
    HUGE KUDOS to The Queen Of Blades and Sparky and the MODS AND the "experts" and the "Founding Members" AND the Newbies. You are all "Too Cool For Skool".
    :happy036: :signs107:

19. ironthinker

ironthinker Well-Known Member

Forums are great, as is the internet, for new info and contacts. I am new here and want to say thanks for being here. I will sure support as time goes on.

20. J. Stuhr

J. Stuhr New Member

The generosity of some people, namely the ones who are running this site, sometimes amaze me. I'm learning a lot from everyone, I hope that I may be able to contribute in the future.

Thank You so so So Much!