What's the best soap you've ever used and why

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by LevelupShaves, Apr 24, 2017.

1. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Of course, she spends that much monthly on mascara...

lightcs1776 likes this.
  2. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Just finished up my bar of Mitchell's in the shower, as it is, without a doubt, the most overrated soap out there! Why should I have to work THAT hard to obtain a lather that is no more than equal to countless others in performance. Its a cult, nothing more.

dscaver likes this.
  3. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Palmolive
    Arko
    Mike's Natural Soap
    Tabac

Bama Samurai likes this.
  4. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Mitchell's Wool Fat.......Yep I love it so much because the post shave feels FANTASTIC throughout the winter season it keep my skin moist so it doesn't dry out too soon, and when you finished shaving with MWF apply Thayers Witch Hazel 'Rose Petal' Aloe Vera Alcohol Free Toner after shaving this will give you extra double moisturising this will make your skin BLOOM!!!!!!! like magic :happy088:

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    theFAT98 and Linuxguile like this.
  5. Mark B

Mark B New Member

I've watched the loading videos on MWF, and if I had to go through all that, I would send back. Trust me, I bring lazy to a whole 'nother level. (It's more about not wanting to put up with inconvenience than lazy, but whatever) If I'd seen those before purchasing, I never would have bought.

I don't have to do all that, and I have relatively hard water. I wonder if they have a quality control problem and it varies batch to batch. Perhaps I just got lucky.

Regardless, works great for me with minimal effort. I guess buyer beware, because clearly it doesn't work for everyone.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ob1page likes this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I'm not exactly objective, but my favorite is the stuff I make myself. It's inexpensive, makes nice, slick lather and I can scent it however I want.

7. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

Thanks to a ton of suggestions here I've ordered some Razorock XXX and Catie's Bubbles Irish coffee instead of LPV mainly because I love coffee and I love Whiskey combine it with DE shaving and it's a win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linuxguile and ob1page like this.
  8. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Of course its Mitchells wool fat!!!!

But a soap that is scented easily goes to Mickey lee soap works itailian stallion.

9. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

I had the fat for a little while when I started shaving and had some lather issues with it-not that it was unusable but I just didn't get great shares out of it. Now, I was fairly new to shaving so I might give it another go in the future of our decide to. For the price they sell the refill pucks at Connaught, it's not going to break the bank.

But I digress...

My all-rounder is haslinger-easy to lather, very slick, good cushion and a very good post-shave. And, when I buy a few pucks at a time from overseas, the price is fairly reasonable. So it checks all the boxes.
    Purely performance wise, I would say B&M unscented, although it is just slightly better than Haslinger. BUT, being in Canada, B&M is significantly more expensive. So Haslinger it is with no regrets.

10. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

there really is a lot of good soaps (MOST on the market)....I really like mickey lee's, and saponificio varesino....I like B&M but im not the biggest fan of the scent (I should probably trade for a different scent with someone) but it is a good soap...stirling, jeeves, ginger's, D.R. Harris, are ALL cant miss soaps.

theFAT98 likes this.