Where is all the positive energy?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Rusty blade, May 25, 2016.

1. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Thank you for posting this, these are wise words and as true today as when they were written!

Paul Turner and RyX like this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

My religious and spiritual beliefs preclude a negative attitude. When I get depressed or bored, I turn to serving others as a way to get back on track.

To all those discussing media:

Why is it called television "programming"?

Is it because scared and negative people are easy to control?

wmbjr, Keithmax, George X and 3 others like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Something that bugs me about TV is that the host will pose each question for his/her guest in 3 different ways. It cuts down the time the guest has to answer the question.

BigMike and Robyflexx like this.
  4. Paul Turner

for that matter, now sports teams are called "programs". Maybe for the reason you imply. I don't like it...."team" was never broke, so it doesn't need fixing (IMO).

Robyflexx likes this.
  5. eaglewing59

eaglewing59 Well-Known Member

It is a part of life. We'll must deal with it in our own way. Some people don't really know what negativity is. Just ignore the idiots and carry on. Be yourself.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Paul Turner and Bama Samurai like this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

When I am feeling really negative, I re-read "The Hitch Hiker's Giude to the Galaxy" or "Harpo Speaks."

7. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

I recently found some old Tonight Show reruns with Johnny Carson from the 70's and early 80's. Fascinating bits of history there with the Watergate scandal unfolding, or hearing Johnny mispronounce the name of that new Soviet leader "Grobechev? - am I saying that right?" Although the political turmoils remain the same, through Carson's dialog with Ed and the guests I get glimpses back to the kinder, more intelligent, more compasionate society we had not so long ago.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  8. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

The only real negative Vibes I get is from the liberal news media

ObiDon and George X like this.
  9. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Not necessarily, it's also a cultural thing. When I keep a door open for someone in Sweden, I often get a very different reaction from when I do the same in Switzerland or Spain. The attitude towards being helped without asking is different in various places. Not saying one is better than the other though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Paul Turner and Bama Samurai like this.
  10. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

That's why I have curtailed watching TV news. Always put me in a bad mood. Now that the elections are coming up, it's even worse.

11. I blame Social Media. A platform for everybody to give their arbitrary opinions to the whole world with the click of a button... people now feel the need to have a contentious opinion about every single topic. Although in its defence, it has allowed us all to become more exposed to worldwide corruption that has been plaguing us throughout our entire history, I think we stumble across a lot of little factoids about inequality around the world that make us very angry. While a step in the right direction, we should, rather than getting angry, take a stance based on compassion, pragmatism, fairness and unity and allow it to just...catch on. We've become overwhelmed with all the unnecessary complications that have been dumped on our lives and are forever seeking out convenience at the expense of quality (for example, canned shave foam and cartridge razors) which ultimately brings more complications, it's a vicious circle.

I agree with one of the posts above that says we should all just get a hobby and enjoy what we're doing. I love wet shaving because it is not far off meditation. The amount of concentration required to maintain the correct angle and amount of pressure and cutting motion, it is almost impossible to let any outside thoughts entire your mind.

Paul Turner and Rusty blade like this.
  12. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I haven't watched the news in a few weeks and I feel no less informed about the ills of the world...but I do feel considerably better. Being barraged with constant negativity is draining. I don't have Facebook but I hear from others that there are a lot of harsh opinions being offered on various subjects.

Robyflexx, ObiDon and Paul Turner like this.
  13. Bama Samurai

I gather all the news I need from the weather report.

tuxxdk likes this.
  14. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Its funny you mentioned the Carson show, I was watching it last night. 1985 and they has Gary Busey and Roseanne Barr guest stars. The show has a positive vibe to it, and everyone was laughing and joking around. Nowadays TV shows are used to promote their agenda, and they could care less about entertainment. Most shows/news/movies these days are total garbage. Really miss the positive vibes people put out back then, times sure have changed.

BigMike and mrchick like this.
  15. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Am I the only one noticing the irony of this thread?

wmbjr, tuxxdk and Erik Redd like this.
  16. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

No.

Queen of Blades and Bama Samurai like this.
  17. Bama Samurai

That's not the point?

Queen of Blades and Erik Redd like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Ed McMahon's laugh needed some practice, as I recall 'HAW-HAW-HAW".

great findings!!

BigMike likes this.
  19. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I try to spread hapiness and positive vibes. Like everyone I have my sombre moods as well, but I try to overcome them. I think that being kind and polite to people works (most of the time). Give compliments, don't talk down to people, say hello to strangers (and acquaintances, friends & family of course), help people and let people have a laugh, even at my own expense. Life is too important to take it seriously. ;)

Keithmax, Erik Redd and Paul Turner like this.
  20. Paul Turner

Excellent stuff, Mac. Worth 5 "likes", but I see only one counts.

macaronus likes this.