Where to buy retail?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by asagage, Dec 29, 2008.

1. asagage

asagage New Member

Are there any retail bricks and morter stores where you can buy soaps? I would like to find some local without ordering online.

2. Will

Will Nevermind

Crabtree and Evelyn.

Try a few tobacco shops and see if they have Col Conk.

Other than that you will probably have to find a specialty shaving shop but that could be hard to find. Good Luck.

3. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Art of Shaving.........

You could always check your local drugstores and WalMarts for VDH soaps. They are cheap, and come in multiple versions.

4. Will

Will Nevermind

Forgot to add that and Williams Mug Soap too.

5. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Rite Aid sells The Real Shaving Co. cream also along with VDH. REally cant go wrong with either.

6. Grab a nice cigar or a tin of pipe while you are there as well ;)

7. apswartz

apswartz New Member

My experience,,,

Lowes Foods...
    Kiss My Face Shaving Creams
    Thayers Witch Hazel

Rite Aid...
    Dickinson Witch Hazel
    Real Shave Company Shave Cream

Whole Foods...
    Kiss My Face products

8. rollsshaver

I do not know if you have a Food Lion near you, but the one over this way has KMF in the organic section. You might want to check the organic section in your local stores for KMF. It is a decent, and easy to lather product.

9. nlpavalko

nlpavalko New Member

'round there here parts (Northeast Ohio) Walmart and Target both sell William's Mug Soap. I'm of the thinking that the soap doesn't need to smell fancey (or, really like anything), but the AS/face balm/cologne should be your mode of scent.

Any thoughts? Maybe I'm missing out on some great shaves b/c I only use WMS.

10. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

IMHO, Williams is complete garbage compared to what you could be using. C.O. Bigelow stocks GFT and some stock D.R. Harris. Nordstroms usually stocks T&H. Bloomingdales/nieman marcus sometimes stock Castle Forbes.

11. magic

magic New Member

Pirates Coves soaps are bought online but they are cheap $3 a puck for about 3 oz and the shipping is quick and very cheap. The soaps are fantastic

12. Ramaniac

Ramaniac Member

I think Williams is a fine soap, especially if you are strapped for cash. I have been using it the last week and it has proven to be a great shave. My C&E Nomad was complete garbage for the first few shaves, Williams was giving me BBS shave from the first shave. With that said, I would agree that it is not like a French Mill, or Glycerine, it surely holds it own. I like to put some water on it, it a coffee cup. Then I tilt it too the side and run my brush through that. Then I take it to the mug/bowl to lather up. Once I dropped my brush in the water, but was able to recover quite nicely.

Never count out Williams.

13. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

For a few dollars I rather use Col. Conk glycerine soap or the old Body Shop cream. There are also a ton of very cheap creams.

14. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

To add to the rest of the list, L'Occitane had the very good Cade soaps.

15. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Wal Greens and CVS carry VDH soap. I'm sure other corner pharmacies do as well.

If you're also interested in creams The Body Shop sells a good house cream. Bath and Body Works has CO Bigelow.

16. rollsshaver

ANy updates on what you ended up with?

17. I found AOS products at a retailer in my town by going to the Art of Shaving website and looking up their retailer locations.